Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just think the Raptor is the only other truck that comes close to the JK in the cool department. Yet, it's much rarer, and thus, unique... Man, I'm struggling with this...

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
....I wouldn't trade my JK for CASH MONEY!!!!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only thing that bugs me about the JK is its shoddy quality. And no, I don't wanna hear about 'your' Jeep and how it's perfect and rides like a Caddy...Yeah... The Raptor is unique, and it comes with a much higher quality rating...but it'll cost you.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What does the gc srt8 have in common with the explorer. Let alone any other mid size SUV in the market. Maybe the range sport sc is a good comparison.
Not much in the way of speed--the GC walks it. I know that. The 'fast' SUV experiment, however, has already been done...years ago. Nothing new there.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I just think the Raptor is the only other truck that comes close to the JK in the cool department. Yet, it's much rarer, and thus, unique... Man, I'm struggling with this...
straight up? not only yes but hell yes.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Starts in the mid-40's....goes to mid-50's or so all decked....
But my JKUS with lift, lights, tires, rims, misc. is approaching $40k! Luckily, my mods are long done. With the Raptor, it's sign and drive--even bead locks from the factory!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Not a chance! I have a Ram 2500 with a Cummins Turbo Diesel, it handles what needs handled in the pickup department, and does pretty fair off road.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Buy a caddy if you want caddy.

ForumRunner_20130717_232737.jpg

Fast SUV is one thing. Fast capable SUV is another. I wanted a range rover sport sc but it felt too small and a step back from my 5.7L durango.

The caddy is roomy, fast, and luxury. I like the raptor, but not over my jk. I love my jk.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh defiantly no way I would trade. Even my 11 3.8 JK for a brand new one.
I do think the Raptor is overpriced. That's my sticking point. As a Ford employee, I can get the good discount, but that'll probably cover just the taxes, maybe a bit more.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Buy a caddy if you want caddy.

Fast SUV is one thing. Fast capable SUV is another. I want we a range rover sport sc but it felt too small and a step back from my 5.7L durango.

The caddy is roomy, fast, and luxury. I like the raptor, but not over my jk. I love my jk.
Caddy's are goofy looking.... It's just that a lot of Jeep slappies will reference them when describing their jk's...

1 - 20 of 126 Posts