Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Wish it had pics of a concept. Even a drawing would do. River raider makes a conversion kit for the jku to a pickup style Jeep.

·
UConn Husky
546 Posts
AEV makes a conversion kit too.

This idea comes up quite often at Chrysler. Hope they will act on it someday. I loved the old 60s era pickups, and the J8

·
Registered
4,768 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
I've seen this a few time before, and read it probably won't happen 'cause it would hurt Dodge (Dakota) sales...but I would beg, borrow and steal to get one if it ever comes into production.

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
The Dakota has been discontinued, but may come back as a Fiat built version.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Would look better if the spair tire was on the back and bed of the jeep went strait to the back of the driver seat, elminating the second row. otherwise i'd buy one

·
Registered
390 Posts
This info has been out for a while , google Gladiator and Nukizer. Also AEV makes a J-8 Pickup Kit, that basically gets delivered without an engine, and tranny , after delivery you can get the Hemi - V-8 kit and with a lot of work to get your state DMV Office to register it. I have seen this done before, just a lot of time , work and paper work to get it all squared out , different staes have different ruling for kits like this. It comes as a kit form to get cut through some of the rules and regulations in regards getting it street legal. Check Mopar's Website regarding the Gladiator and Nukizer for recent videos via the SEMA Show. Jeep had small pick-ups in the past, they just might do it, , especially the Wrangler is their top seller, so building a niche Wrangler type pickup either on the 4 door Wrangler or the Power Wagon Chasis is not out of the question. The real question to ask is will it be a hauler or a 4x4 classic niche vehicle for trails and modding up? Chrysler is back on their feet and back in thge game, so I won't be surprised if it comes out in 2012 when the new Wrangler comes out. This Jeep Pick-up Concept has been floating around for a while, Their is a lot of support from SEMA and clubs and Forums like US , who really wnat it to happen.

I voted for the Nukizer,,, that is the real deal.

:cool: SLIM

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
Thats sweet... I always liked this concept (Jeep-Huricane) that Chrysler put out about 8-10 years ago when I was working at their tech center in Auburn Hills MI.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I am going to the Detroit Auto Show Jan 17th. I will make sure I get some pictures of the Jeeps and Hummer hunting will be easy!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts