Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a friend of mine has a 2 door wrangler, he has a sirus radio but no unconnect or nav.
He wants to upgrade to the RHR 730n and put a back up camera {I also want to add a back up camera to mine that already has nav}.

Has anyone done this? I also want to be able to use my dvd while moving, does anyone know anything about this stuff, I am honestly kind of lost, and read a bunch of threads watched videos, it seems like there is a lot to this, lol...
thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, so we just installed my buddies new 730n RHR, we bought it from a really nice guy off the internet $825 shipped with a microphone.

We also installed a remote starter {the amazon $115 one} at the same time, the install was super easy, we had it completely installed from start to finish in 17 minutes and that was the remote start and programming in his phone to the uconnect!!!! Granted there was 2 of us and we knew what tools we needed before we started long shaft t10, 10mm, 7mm, and a couple interior tongs...

His remote start works just like mine, so far so good. His nav is also identical to my factory unit, and works perfect, literally routed the mic cable, plugged everything in and put the dash back together.

So if anyone is confused about the nav units, heres what I learned...

If you have sirius factory unit , you can plug a 730n rhr right in, just add a mic your sirius antenna will do both gps and sirius {2013 anyway}.

the 730n rhr has uconnect built in so no external module is needed..

Thats it, about all I learned lol, there is so much info out there its easy to get confused, his worked out perfectly and he is so happy about it, we bought our jeeps around the same time {3 of us bought them} and he was on the fence about nav but his jeep and the one with nav were around $4500 apart in price {he wanted that color and there were only 2-2 doors there in silver}, the nav wasn't the entire $4500 but it was part of the package or something?

Well now he is super happy and that is awesome, he vowed not to change anything about the jeep until it was paid off and he used his income tax this year to do it so now the gates are open, remote start, nav, weather tech floor mats, spider jkini top, and he just ordered some shift knobs {white balls he has a 6 speed}. He only had a little over $1000 after paying the loan off, but its a good start...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts