Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i just got a 94 wrangler a few days ago. last night i tryed to put a raido in it. i had no power or ground so i started look for the problem. under the dash on the driverside there was a lot of wires with wire ties holding them up so i cut all the ties to pull them down. i found a alarm system under there. i didn't think it worked so i unpluged all the wires from it(took the alarm brain all the way out) and sat it on the seat. the jeep started and everything worked. so i thought i didn't need it or the wires. there were some small wires that pulled out just by touching them and i dont know where they came from. now the jeep wont crank or nothing i dont know if i just pulled out a wire for the starter or what i did.i need help bad thanks for any info. does anybody know where i can get a wiring diagram for the dash so i can see what going on?

these are the wires that pulled out and im not sure where they go.

im just hoping somebody will see something i can do or something

this is the alarm system i took out

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Wow! What a rats nest! I found a bunch of wire under the drivers side dash as well with mine. Started cutting tie wraps only to find a damn kill switch in a yellow starter wire. Would have been great fun to find on a trail had something bumped it just right.

Sounds like time to invest in a good repair manual and start chasing the wiring diagram under the dash. Also check the fuse connections in the block. Sometimes an issue in a 14-15 yr old rig.

I'd hook up with a buddy and bounce some ideas. Really hard to say without being there. Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i went to that web site not much help that i could find. thanks......... still not running

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know its alot to ask but if somebody could take a pic of the starter wire under the dash and post it on here for me. i would be so thankful.

·
Registered
781 Posts
forgot to turn the key? sorry had to really though what was it cause under my dash ia ball of yarn

·
Registered
240 Posts
What did you do to get it to start?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts