Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know it's been talked about but I asked the guy at 4wheel parts and he said 31's would not fit on a stock wrangler, so I am reasking the question and asking for clarification.... I am also buying some steel rims and was told the largest to go was 15x8 with 4.5 backspace. His recommendation was

52 rock crawler series by procomp
15x8 with 4.5 backspace

Is this okay for my jeep and trying to get duratracs to fit on these rims? And if duratracs 31's can't fit on my rig what is the next type of tire with a 30 that is good?

Thoughts, suggestions, comments? Please and thank you

·
Registered
189 Posts
My tj has no lift at all and I have 31 inch on 15 inch rims. I do have the duratracts and they clear everything. No modification needed at all. I'm still able to to off-road and not rub against anything. The guy in Walmart said it wouldn't be possible but the guy at discount tires told me it should fit. So I took that chance and it all worked out. By the way those tires are really good, at least that's what I think. They also give a little more clearance compare to the stock height. Let me know if you want more information.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
you should be fine with that and 31's but if you ever think you might go bigger like to 32s or 33's you might consider wheels with a lower backspace number. I've got 15x8 Dick Cepek DC2 wheels with 3-5/8" backspacing (3.68 I think) they work great with 30's 31's 32 & 33s. you wouldn't need a lift with 31's with the DC2's, but you might want one later on. if you ever consider going with bigger tires, You'll already be set. here's how they look on a jeep with 31's an no lift- Black jeep, and on mine (green jeep) with 32's and a 2.25" BBL

·
Registered
698 Posts
They WIIL FIT !!! You may or may not get a slight rubbing on a steering link when
you lock your wheel all the way right, or left. But you can adjust the steering with just installing a 3/8 washer and 5 min of your time. >http://4x4xplor.com/steerstop.html

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I've got a link for that steering adjustment, if you need it pm me.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I had 31's on my stock YJ with stock rims and never rubbed. I have 31 duratracs on Pro Comp 98 series. 15x 8 with a 3.75 bs. No rubbing.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay so just checking with everyone. Move the back spacing down to like 3.75 for the rims and the duratracs should fit(maybe a little rubbing) and then I should be good and if I decide to go with larger tires? The rims should still work?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have DC-1 15x8 wheels with 3.65 BS - but I have a 2" lift.

Only issue is the wheels stick out past the flares and I get mud
thrown up everywhere. I'm getting the 7" flares in May to solve this!

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
you should be fine with that and 31's but if you ever think you might go bigger like to 32s or 33's you might consider wheels with a lower backspace number. I've got 15x8 Dick Cepek DC2 wheels with 3-5/8" backspacing (3.68 I think) they work great with 30's 31's 32 & 33s. you wouldn't need a lift with 31's with the DC2's, but you might want one later on. if you ever consider going with bigger tires, You'll already be set. here's how they look on a jeep with 31's an no lift- Black jeep, and on mine (green jeep) with 32's and a 2.25" BBL
and here is what 33x12.5"'s look like with 2.5" RC lift.... just had to throw it out there. 15x8" cepeks as well. :dance: The grey one is mine. black is a friends.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts