Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im here just to gather some knowledge for myself in case i do buy on somewhere when im older and work.

yea im 19 years old so a 25-30k 2 door wrangler may not be the cheapest thing to buy

Still going to be able to get one if i want to. Working hard is always rewarding or mostly.

So im looking as an example at a

Wrangler Sport 2 door stock diff or 3.73 for 125$ If replacing them not worth it but seem a better choice than the stock am i right?

Tire size should be idk what stock but 28+ as everydays car fuel comsumption may kill me but anyways :iamhappy:

What are the price to Replace everything with front rear ARB or anything else locker in canadian $$

Is their any upgrade that are needed except taking the truck to a garage and pay idk how many $$ probably 2-5k$ to do that work ???

Stock axle and ujoint and all that should be able to handle that?

Manual tranny for sure

Snow riding mostly and summer about everything i can do.

Im set on a jeep because why spend 15k on a atv when i can spend 25-30k on a jeep that last 300k km + if maintained ? ahah could ride it everydays too

Mostly these question im new here but i think i posted at the good place :)

Thank you

·
Registered
441 Posts
So im here just to gather some knowledge for myself in case i do buy on somewhere when im older and work. yea im 19 years old so a 25-30k 2 door wrangler may not be the cheapest thing to buy without school ahah Still going to be able to get one if i want to. Working hard is always rewarding or mostly. So im looking as an example at a Wrangler Sport 2 door stock diff or 3.73 for 125$ If replacing them not worth it but seem a better choice than the stock am i right? Tire size should be idk what stock but 28+ as everydays car fuel comsumption may kill me but anyways :iamhappy: What are the price to Replace everything with front rear ARB or anything else locker in canadian $$ Is their any upgrade that are needed except taking the truck to a garage and pay idk how many $$ probably 2-5k$ to do that work ??? Stock axle and ujoint and all that should be able to handle that? Manual tranny for sure Snow riding mostly and summer about everything i can do. Im set on a jeep because why spend 15k on a atv when i can spend 25-30k on a jeep that last 300k km + if maintained ? ahah could ride it everydays too Mostly these question im new here but i think i posted at the good place :) Thank you
Don't mean to be a jerk, but slow down and finish your sentences. You're all over the map and it's hard to respond to 35 questions.

What it sounds like is that you're a young man who's not afraid to work hard. For that, your future looks bright - we need more people who want to work hard and be rewarded for their efforts.

BTW - I don't know if you have a jeep yet or not... Good luck on whatever you choose.

·
Registered
441 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That makes way more sense!!!!!

3 main question ahah

Air locker like arb how much it cost in canadian to replace in a garage because im not too sure i want to spend 12 hour working on differential and be sure they are spaced right and etc.

Rear front and or just front.

Second question

Is their any weak spot to run locker on a stock wrangler 2 door?

Random 1 that i decided to ask

How do a Spool could handle on a short wheelbase 2 door wrangler

Is it safe for on road use and reliable

Something like that seem clearer :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I may add is their any ways to have Independent front suspension like

Ford explorer and sidekick samurai got and many other.. Or all Jeep come with Solid front

·
Registered
441 Posts
3 main question ahah Air locker like arb how much it cost in canadian to replace in a garage because im not too sure i want to spend 12 hour working on differential and be sure they are spaced right and etc. Rear front and or just front. Second question Is their any weak spot to run locker on a stock wrangler 2 door? Random 1 that i decided to ask How do a Spool could handle on a short wheelbase 2 door wrangler Is it safe for on road use and reliable Something like that seem clearer :)
Sorry dude - don't know the answer to any of those.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
I may add is their any ways to have Independent front suspension like

Ford explorer and sidekick samurai got and many other.. Or all Jeep come with Solid front
buy a Liberty

why on earth would you want IFS?

·
Commercial Member
2,223 Posts
ARB will be somewhere around $1000 as I recall. No idea about labor costs to have it installed.

Spools are very dependable, but should only be used in off-road only vehicles.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Ok hum how sound the stock audio system in a wrangler i think you own a 2015 :) Should sound ok at least or it like hyundai and they sound like soup can ahah
I have the Alpine sound and it's great!! People say the sound is better in a 2015 vs 2014 - don't know first hand. What are you trying to do with this vehicle? I assume daily driver?

·
Registered
436 Posts
3 main question ahah

Air locker like arb how much it cost in canadian to replace in a garage because im not too sure i want to spend 12 hour working on differential and be sure they are spaced right and etc.

Rear front and or just front.

Second question

Is their any weak spot to run locker on a stock wrangler 2 door?

Random 1 that i decided to ask

How do a Spool could handle on a short wheelbase 2 door wrangler

Is it safe for on road use and reliable

Something like that seem clearer :)
I would suggest contacting ARB. A lot of vehicles come with Rear lockers only so there is some validity in that. Front lockers make steering hard. I would only use lockers off road. Or if stuck on road.

I don't know of a weak spot. The rear axle is dana 44 on all models. Rubicon uses lockers on dana 44 so you should be fine. The front is dana 30. I have no idea on dana 30.

I view lockers a lot like a winch. Great when you need them but most never will need them. I bought a rubicon because I want to have lockers available.

If you want to be safe, add locker to rear and see how it goes. You can always add a locker to the front later if you feel the rear locker is not enough. Or you can add lockers to both. ARB makes a very tough locker that should be great.

I don't think you can go wrong with ARB. If it were me, I would add both. Just in case you need it. Verify with ARB.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
buy a Liberty

why on earth would you want IFS?

Of my brain as an atv rider

The front differential is a great snow pusher and mud pusher that stop you pretty fast and or slow you down.

I know that with my rear diff with my atv when the irs rear are like nothing else it just float or almost through it.

That kind of thing Deep snow being jacked on a diff and front axle may sound stupids ahahah

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have the Alpine sound and it's great!! People say the sound is better in a 2015 vs 2014 - don't know first hand. What are you trying to do with this vehicle? I assume daily driver?

Great

I have a small chalet in someways on a private terrain pretty small that is 1km aways for the road so being able to go there in one go without having to think that my 2wd yamaha from 1992 will not stay alive all years and may not being able to push 1 feet + of snow.

The locker are mostly for snow reason less likely to slowdown and get hung up like a retard like we did with the Ford Explorer got stuck spining on one side ahahahah if we could have gone backward locked but no it all open crap ahah.

And the dodge ram that was trying to get us out... oh damn 1wd rule in snow going sideways and spinning without even giving any winching force on the chain...

And for the fun factor too.. Im not a car guy i like wide vieweing angle and something that feel strong but small you know a jeep a small pickup etc

While a used sidekick may feel interesting the reliability aspect of a engine underpowered that rev like hell is not the best choice.

And the 3.6 pentastar is overkill for me but why not :)

Daily driver and maintained like a vehicle should do my mom boyfriend did his last oil change about 50k km ago or something like that and he call himself a mechanician..

oh damn poor truck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would suggest contacting ARB. A lot of vehicles come with Rear lockers only so there is some validity in that. Front lockers make steering hard. I would only use lockers off road. Or if stuck on road.

I don't know of a weak spot. The rear axle is dana 44 on all models. Rubicon uses lockers on dana 44 so you should be fine. The front is dana 30. I have no idea on dana 30.

I view lockers a lot like a winch. Great when you need them but most never will need them. I bought a rubicon because I want to have lockers available.

If you want to be safe, add locker to rear and see how it goes. You can always add a locker to the front later if you feel the rear locker is not enough. Or you can add lockers to both. ARB makes a very tough locker that should be great.

I don't think you can go wrong with ARB. If it were me, I would add both. Just in case you need it. Verify with ARB.

Did not know rubi did come with locker

Thank you

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Of my brain as an atv rider

The front differential is a great snow pusher and mud pusher that stop you pretty fast and or slow you down.

I know that with my rear diff with my atv when the irs rear are like nothing else it just float or almost through it.

That kind of thing Deep snow being jacked on a diff and front axle may sound stupids ahahah
ah gotcha. IFS is great for ATV's but OEM IFS falls apart quickly when its pushed hard.

the ultra4 guys have been making some pretty sick IFS buggies though...

ARB wont let you down. both of mine have performed flawlessly and the only breakage was caused by a 700hp blown SBC and a lot of skinny pedal and some 46" tires. they simply are the strongest, most engineered locker in the world. those Aussies sure can make a locker.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ah gotcha. IFS is great for ATV's but OEM IFS falls apart quickly when its pushed hard.

the ultra4 guys have been making some pretty sick IFS buggies though...

ARB wont let you down. both of mine have performed flawlessly and the only breakage was caused by a 700hp blown SBC and a lot of skinny pedal and some 46" tires. they simply are the strongest, most engineered locker in the world. those Aussies sure can make a locker.

Oh great anyways im not a beater of vehicle i just find it usefull if i want to haul something offroad or just drive up rock hill.

The locker is like a life saver ahah and resell value is even better but i expect to run it until it blow and maybe even repair if i can.

Synthetic everywhere and gonna look for the frame to prevent rust. could last what 10 years + if lucky

It seem they plan to release aluminium based jeep and Turbo in 2017

Seem a great idea for the snow and salt that rust frame door etc everywhere here

But turbo in a jeep not too sure of that idea. Reliability wise

1 - 19 of 19 Posts