Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I acquired a used Wrangler A/C unit for my 92 YJ and I'm about to rip all my hair out over this thing! :mad: It clearly is meant to fit under the dash but it doesn't. It binds on the heater ducting at the firewall and on the heater controls at the dash. Does someone have an a/c unit in a YJ and can either share installation tips and tricks or perhaps a picture of the unit in place?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The righthand side of the squirrelcage is blocked by the heater ducts. The top of the AC unit binds on the underside/back of the heater controls.

There HAS to be a heater mod, I don't know about to get this thing in place.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I don't guess I know what a squirrelcage is. I'm not understanding what you need, but I can take some shots of my stuff in my YJ if I can figure out what you need.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I apologize. I have some sloppy habits of 'speech'. I'm referring to the blower motor on the top rear of the AC unit. That is what is not clearing the left-most portion of the heater assembly (against the firewall). I need some idea of the fitment between the two units. A pic might be hard to get but if you got a chance to 'eyeball' them in place and could describe relative positions, I'd owe you.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I think I can help you out. It's raining right now, but as soon as I get a chance, I'll check it out.

I might should have put the top on... nah, it'll dry!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts