Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
This video was posted last year.
I ended up passing on Wranglers on the lot that didn't have side airbags. I'd be tempted to add a clear window film (similar to tint) to the rear windows to keep shattered glass from spraying passengers in the back.

I figure I can make some of the $495 back up in lower insurance rates over the years.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I agree. It was a no brainer to get the bags. You can't put a dollar amount on the lives of family and friends.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Got the side air bags too on our 2dr Rubicon when we bought in March 2012. Small money amount for a huge safety margin protecting against head injury.

·
Registered
892 Posts
It's 495.00 and thats the one thing I'm leaving off my build sheet. Easy way to save 500 bucks. I'll never get hit there anyway. :punk:
Yeah, normally $495. I only paid $400 as I got the friends and family discount since my father in law is a Chrysler retiree. :) (You get discounted prices on options) I am not sure how you know you will never get t-boned! It may not be your fault when some guy texting while driving slams into your drivers door in an F350 at 20mph over the speed limit. :eek: I would rather have the bag and my life than save a few $$$, just saying. ;)

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
the scariest part of that video is watching the wheels go into the body. it looks like the control arm brackets are simply destroyed and the axle is carried back into the body of the jeep

·
Registered
806 Posts
Well it is hard for me to get upset on any crash test when on the other hand I ride a motorcycle with a half helmet.
Rob ....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts