Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
42,686 Posts
Here's how I did mine:

Okay, I'm sure you are going to put one on each side so first thing you need to do is cut them appart.
Next, you will need to clean the spot (I'd suggest soap & water and then a soft cloth with some alcohol to get off any oils) and make sure there is no dust/threads from the cloth.
After figuring out exactly where you want it, tape one end with masking tape to hold it in place.
Slowly peel the backing off from under the letters, working the bubbles out with a finger nail or credit card as you go.
After everything is down, go over it again with a credit card and you can peel the face paper off (making sure you don't peel up the letters)
Wipe with a soft cloth and you're done.

:thumb:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have put many decals on and pro told me that a trick of the trade is alittle sudsy water...this allows u time to adjust and it glides around. The more you put on, the longer you wait for it to evaporate..

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
The soapy water will definately take the pressure of putting it on crooked. It will give you the opportunity to make adjustments. Once it is where you want, use your squeegee or credit card to work all of the water out from under the vinyl. Carefully peel off the transfer tape. They will still be pretty to peel off at this point. You may want to go over them with a blow dryer just to help set them and get rid of the rest of the water.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts