Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been going back and forth on tires i was between the wrangler authoritys and the duratracs but one tirerack the duratracs are the same price as the authoritys at walmart so i think im going to go with those but i was wondering if anyone could post pictures of thier wranglers with duratracs on. Im also wondering if a 265/75r16 duratrac tire will fit my 2007 stock wrangler without any issues and if will effect the on road driving by much.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I have 265/75/16 Duratracs on my 2013 JKU. Fit fine, zero issues. Great tire. They make that size in a 'C' and 'E' load range, get the 'C'. It will fit all other years fine.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I've been going back and forth on tires i was between the wrangler authoritys and the duratracs but one tirerack the duratracs are the same price as the authoritys at walmart so i think im going to go with those but i was wondering if anyone could post pictures of thier wranglers with duratracs on. Im also wondering if a 265/75r16 duratrac tire will fit my 2007 stock wrangler without any issues and if will effect the on road driving by much.
Try the search tab- there must be 10000000000000000000 pictures of Duratracs

·
Registered
30 Posts
john231 said:
My Duratrac pics are in my Profile Garage. I like the look a lot, and they ride and handle great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Definitely stay away from the E Load rated tyre, especially in that size. I just removed MT MTZ in 265 and E load rating because of my harsh ride, put my stock 245's back on, and the ride is like night and day.
I am to now looking at the Duratracs, but in 285. I like the 2 ply side wall, as i believe they will give me more comfort. I would choose a less aggressive tyre but most are either P or D with 3 ply sidewall, and there are just to many people happy with their Duratracs, i cannot go wrong - I hope.

I have 265/75/16 Duratracs on my 2013 JKU. Fit fine, zero issues. Great tire. They make that size in a 'C' and 'E' load range, get the 'C'. It will fit all other years fine.

·
Registered
536 Posts
i don't know if a C rated Duratrac is best if there are chances that the OP will see any kind of pointy surfaces... they do not have the strongest sidewall

·
Registered
360 Posts
i don't know if a C rated Duratrac is best if there are chances that the OP will see any kind of pointy surfaces... they do not have the strongest sidewall
Your username makes me chuckle every time! :D That is all...

·
Registered
586 Posts
When I looked at Youtube videos to get reviews on Jeep Wranglers, I obviously saw many links to trail videos too and noticed a common theme: across many brands of vehicles in those videos, and probably half of the Jeeps I saw, ran with Wrangler Duratracs. I'm no Goodyear fanboy by any measure, but seeing so many different vehicles and so many Jeeps running Duratracs, along with the anecdotal evidence in the forums, it sure looks like the Duratracs really are as good as people say or there wouldn't be so many people running them.

When I get my JK, whatever is on it will be replaced with Duratracs by the end of the first week if not the same day.

·
Registered
7,322 Posts
BManz said:
When I looked at Youtube videos to get reviews on Jeep Wranglers, I obviously saw many links to trail videos too and noticed a common theme: across many brands of vehicles in those videos, and probably half of the Jeeps I saw, ran with Wrangler Duratracs. I'm no Goodyear fanboy by any measure, but seeing so many different vehicles and so many Jeeps running Duratracs, along with the anecdotal evidence in the forums, it sure looks like the Duratracs really are as good as people say or there wouldn't be so many people running them.

When I get my JK, whatever is on it will be replaced with Duratracs by the end of the first week if not the same day.
Duratracs come in many configurations all the way up to load E with 3ply sidewalls. Even the load E ride nice.

·
Registered
232 Posts
For a Daily Driver oriented Wrangler what load rating would you get?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am looking for the same answer. I can advise on what not to get, but cannot advise on what to get. E's are definitely out, and maybe D's, especially in smaller 32's and maybe 33's, so that leaves C or P, so my gut says P for on rd only, C for some Offroad, or D if you are looking for a strong tire, or Duratrac in D that has a 2 ply side wall.
Who knows - I am confused.

For a Daily Driver oriented Wrangler what load rating would you get?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm running duratrac 33's on my 12JK and love the ride and would have sworn by them until I started a little bit more aggressive offroading and a side wall busted day 1 trail 1 of Jeepstock this year. I didn't know about different ratings to tires maybe I only have a 2 ply and need a 3? Good post I'm gonna call my tire guy and ask :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts