Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi jeep fans. Just got a wrangler for good price great financing low monthly payments. Bill at the dealership treated me well. I wanted to get an exhaust so I can show off to my buddies who own toyotas 馃槀馃槀馃槀. Any suggestions? Can't be to loud so the ex wife doesnt complain when I go to pick up the kids every 4th weekend. Thanks 馃槑

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum and congratulations!

I鈥檇 leave the exhaust untouched. In general, V6 engines sound like shit, and the 3.6 is no exception. I attempted to screw around with the exhaust on my 2018 JKUR but hated how it sounded. I was never happy with it. I ended putting the factory muffler back on.

After many attempts, Toyota has finally done a decent job with the TRD exhaust of the Tacoma, but it still has a fair bit of drone.

Unless you got a 392 HEMI, the best you can hope of a V6 is that you don鈥檛 have to hear it...

Super Moderator
PS - I found the best way to get more sound out of a V6 is to put a cold air intake. A CAI allows you to modulate a nice growl with the throttle; otherwise the motor stays quiet.

RETIRED MODERATOR
Welcome to the forum and congratulations!

I鈥檇 leave the exhaust untouched. In general, V6 engines sound like shit, and the 3.6 is no exception. I attempted to screw around with the exhaust on my 2018 JKUR but hated how it sounded. I was never happy with it. I ended putting the factory muffler back on.

After many attempts, Toyota has finally done a decent job with the TRD exhaust of the Tacoma, but it still has a fair bit of drone.

Unless you got a 392 HEMI, the best you can hope of a V6 is that you don鈥檛 have to hear it...
100% agree...Aftermarket exhaust, sound like crap on a V6............

Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

Reactions: aldo90731

Sponsoring Vendor
'13 JK
Welcome to the forum!

Honestly, I removed mine for clearance reasons after so many tailpipe doinks and did a cool air intake and it's been loud but it does the trick for me and my needs lol

-Julia

Registered
2010 JK
The 3.6 sounds awful. As for trying to show off to the Toyota guys - don't. The 4.0 that Toyota uses sounds VERY good with a nice exhaust, and even the 3.5 in the Taco sounds good with the TRD exhaust.

Premium Member
Welcome Aboard! Congrats on the new Jeep!

Super Moderator
The 3.6 sounds awful. As for trying to show off to the Toyota guys - don't. The 4.0 that Toyota uses sounds VERY good with a nice exhaust, and even the 3.5 in the Taco sounds good with the TRD exhaust.
I owned a 2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road: flooring the throttle rewarded you with the sound of scraping a chalkboard with your fingernails.

I am convinced Tacoma鈥檚 atrocious 3.5 V6 engine sound is all part of Toyota鈥檚 strategy to force customers to save gas... :ROFLMAO:

Registered
2010 JK
I owned a 2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road: flooring the throttle rewarded you with the sound of scraping a chalkboard with your fingernails.

I am convinced Tacoma鈥檚 atrocious 3.5 V6 engine sound is all part of Toyota鈥檚 strategy to force customers to save gas... :ROFLMAO:
The 3.5 sounds good with the TRD exhaust IMO. The stock exhaust is mediocre. And yes, the 3.5 is only used to increase fuel economy.

Vendor
Check this out, a pretty popular (not expensive!!!) option for the JL's

Not over the top, but gives it a little growl and loses that bulky rear muffler
Good luck!

Hi jeep fans. Just got a wrangler for good price great financing low monthly payments. Bill at the dealership treated me well. I wanted to get an exhaust so I can show off to my buddies who own toyotas 馃槀馃槀馃槀. Any suggestions? Can't be to loud so the ex wife doesnt complain when I go to pick up the kids every 4th weekend. Thanks 馃槑

1 - 11 of 11 Posts