The goal of Wrangler Forum is to provide a friendly and informative place for people to share info, meet fellow Jeep owners, help each other with Jeep related projects and repair issues, post adventure reports, learn about issues that affect the 4x4 community and hang out in general. Over the years, the Wrangler forum has grown from a small group of crawlers to a large community for Jeep owners with a wide variety of interests. Our forum is intended to reflect our sport and the Jeep community in general. That is why it exists, please respect your fellow Wrangler owners online just as you would on the road.
This forum is largely self-policing, the Wrangler Forum Crew (moderators and administrators) have no desire to censor or control the conversations that happen here. Most of us, while we welcome perspectives on all sides of any issue, would not invite a frequently disruptive or rude person to wheel with us, nor to any other gathering of friends that we are hosting.
User names and Avatars:
The vast majority of on-line names and avatars used by members are acceptable. Listed below are some exceptions that are not allowed.
Respect Each Other:
- E-mail addresses
- Web addresses
- Obscene words or pictures
- Business names (other than sponsoring vendors)
Our underlying philosophy is that we want The Wrangler Forum to be an online reflection of the wheeling community. Treat each other with respect just as you would on the road. Talking smack or challenging others' points of view and opinions is fine as long as you do so in a respectful manner.
Wrangler Forum search feature:
While Wrangler Forum does offer a search feature, we do not require anyone to use it before posting questions. We realize the search tool is crude and it is the helpful nature of this community that makes WF what it is and sets it apart from the others. Likewise, if the only reply to a thread you can offer is to "go search" or "use the search" please don't. Telling users, mainly new users, to just search is rude and can drive them away, as they can feel belittled from such comments. Not everyone is aware of how forums work, but most learn quickly.
Forum members may use standard fonts available on the forum. The standard font size is 15. The use of bold, large or colored fonts should be used sparingly. Posts containing inappropriate formatting will be removed or modified at our discretion; e.g. all caps or excessive color.
Here are some general guidelines that we ask you to follow:
- Do not engage in personal attacks
- Do not engage in personal attacks (yes, it’s important enough to list twice)
- Do not post libelous remarks or directly misleading information
- Do not post the same discussion topic more than once or in many forums. Please post topics in their proper forums
- Do not post extreme amounts of photos. There is no reason to post many photos in threads outside of the picture or builders forum
- Participants may not post or bump threads to pad post counts. Bumping is posting useless information, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot
- Do not take every opportunity to express your disagreement, incite argument, insult each other, or fan flames. Voice your opinion respectfully and then let it go
- We will not tolerate bigotry in any form, including posts intended to incite expressions of such bigotry from others.
- The berating of any Law Enforcement Officer, Veteran or Active Duty Member of the Military is prohibited
- Posts containing vulgar language which is overly explicit or obscene, images or links to websites with adult content/images are not allowed. Rule of thumb: If you wouldn't say it/show it to your Grandmother or daughter don't put it here
- Trolling and/or Cyberstalking are NOT allowed and grounds for account restriction
- Posts on illegal vehicle modifications (like removing the catalytic converter) are not allowed
- Discussions about politics and religion are likely to be closed or removed if they turn into flame fests.
- We do not permit posting solicitations on the forum (no matter how worthwhile the cause may be) This includes Associate Links to Amazon and/or other websites.
- Surveys: Please contact the staff (Moderators and Administrators) for approval.
- Threads about Jeep events (Rallies, Jamborees, Fests, etc.) are conditionally acceptable. While a thread for a "Meet & Greet" of a local club are generally fine, the larger events however, require approval by the forum staff.
- Have an issue that you created a thread for? Please let everyone know how things are going. It could be helpful to other people with the same problem to hear how you made out.
Signatures are setup in your profile. They will appear at the bottom of every post you make.
- Signatures must be kept to a maximum of six lines (including blank lines) and contain no more than two links (no commercial links permitted). Participants may not post affiliate links. Examples of non-permitted links include but are not limited to - Facebook, YouTube, Myspace, craigslist, e-bay, any forum (except Wrangler Forum) etc.
- Signature may not include email addresses or prompts to contact or a sales pitch
- Signatures must follow our forums posting standards and only one line may be bolded
- Signatures may contain one image not to exceed 468 x 60 pixels.
- Signatures cannot contain lewd, vulgar or offensive material and we reserve the right to alter or remove your signature and or its contents at any time without explanation
Our classifieds system is offered as a benefit of membership; no commercial sales are permitted. We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes:
- Only members that have been active for 15 days and with 15 posts may create ads
- Ads may only be posted in the classified section
- Questions about value or "what's it worth" are considered classified ads and should be placed in the What's It Worth? section
- Include the name of the item in the title of your post
- Place only one ad per item - do not post or repost an ad in more than one section of the classifieds
- Do not place ads directing others to an E-bay, Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace or other online sale or directing others to another website
- Ads may be removed by our staff at any time for any reason
- Ads may only be for items you are selling, not for your cousin Joe
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with sellers, manufacturers and dealers through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community.
Do not post protected / copyrighted content:
Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on the forums without the consent of the owner. Copyrighted material includes images and text produced and owned by others. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. You cannot legally post entire articles or news on the forum without permission from the copyright holder. Even if you attribute the article correctly it’s still copyright infringement. Under Fair Use provisions you can legally post a small abstract of an article - or perhaps the opening paragraph. The exception to this rule is press releases; they are meant for distribution and can be copied and distributed. If you are not sure if you can copy something, then always err on the side of caution and simply post a link to the material.
About the First Amendment; censorship and your "right to free speech":
You do indeed have a right to free speech. However, this forum is privately owned and requires members to abide by our guidelines and by the decisions of our moderators. If you cannot accept these guidelines please feel free to contact one of the many good web hosting companies out there to set up an account, create your own discussion board and exercise that right to your heart's content.
The Wrangler Forum Member Sites are for personal use of forum members. The content will vary and doesn’t have to be Jeep related. Members may post whatever content they like as long as they don’t break the law or violate forum rules. Normal moral and ethical standards must be adhered to as well.
The forum posts stay open for editing for 24-hours after being posted. The exception is that people with less than 15 posts will not be allowed to edit their posts on their own. For people with less than 15 posts and other members whose posts are older than 24-hours; contact the staff via post report (the three dots at the top right of each post) to have the post opened back up.
Wrangler Forum Official Sponsoring Vendors:
To support our commitment to provide a member based Wrangler resource community, Wrangler Forum accepts sponsorships and advertising from companies providing quality products and services. We value our site vendors and the expertise and experience they bring to wheeling community.
- Vendors are encouraged to post and join in general forum conversations. Vendors may post information about their products to answer questions posed by any members including pricing but may not instigate promotional discussions (except in the Vendors forum)
- Vendors have a forum specifically dedicated to product announcements, deals and services. Here is a link to that forum: Vendor Spotlight
- Deals, specials and promotions may be posted in the vendor forum only
- Vendors may offer information that points out the differences between their product and a competing product only if it serves to clarify an issue but may not post in a disparaging way about a competitor’s product
- Vendors signatures may contain no more than 3 commercial links. Some examples of these links may include but are not limited to:
- Link to their company website or a commercial banner (with embedded link) to promote their product or company.
- Their social media page(s) (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Their Wrangler Forum member’s page
Requests for changes to your account should be made by using the Contact Us link at the bottom of every forum page. Participants may only have one account. (Creating multiple accounts is grounds for removal from the forum)
We may remove accounts that have no posts. If the account has many posts, completely deleting the account can significantly disrupt thread continuity. In that event, we may (if requested and at our discretion) disable your account in some or all of the following ways:
- Change the user name
- Remove signature content, subscriptions, avatar and any info from the profile that might be identifying or replace it with fictitious info.
- Change account options to refuse contact and ban account
- Where communication features were used to share information with other individuals (e.g., sending a personal message to another Forum user) we generally cannot remove content. If someone quoted your post, the original user name will be shown as having been quoted (which we cannot purge).
Lastly, someone has to interpret these guidelines and how they apply to this forum. Ultimately, it's up to our site moderators and administrator to make this decision. If you have any questions about these guidelines, please feel free to contact a moderator or administrator. Thanks to everyone for keeping the tone appropriate for a group of friends, at least the vast majority of the time. Please keep it up!
Registering and participating on Wrangler Forum constitutes agreement to abide by these rules and to abide by the Terms of Service (Auto Guide, LLC is the company that owns this forum) We reserve the right to modify these rules at any time without prior notice.