Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my Jeep for about two weeks, it's a 2015 Sport 6-Speed with stock 17" sr/a tires. I typically have been driving on a highway, a little bit in town, my average fuel economy is about 13.6L/100KM but yesterday it kept rising and lowering (like to 20)... I wasn't driving any different, and I wouldn't say that I drive overly hard.

There are only about 13,000kms on it now. I am still in the 30 day warranty at the dealership. Does anyone have advice?

·
Registered
330 Posts
jordcame,

Were you able to figure out why your fuel consumption was so high?

Was 13.6L/100km calculated or from the EVIC?

My EVIC under-read most of the time, the difference can be as high as 1L/100km (in my case, I am burning more fuel than EVIC is showing).

I have a stock JKU Sahara 2018, automatic with 3.21, and last summer with a mix of city and highway (at 85km/h) I was getting between 11.5L/100km and 12L/100km. Once, by doing mostly highway (at 85 km/h) I got 9.84L/100km on a fuel tank.

Now it is winter, and with winter fuel and heavy tires+wheels (steel wheels and LT tires), the fuel consumption is between 14 and 15L/100km.

All my numbers are calculated.

:)

·
Registered
4 Jeep family
302 Posts
If shortly after resetting the EVIC, totally normal. For some odd reason, our 2012 auto with 3.73 gears and 33s likes to scare me until we get close to half tank. Then it settles around 14l/100kms in -10c weather.

I think ours is due for new spark plugs. It’ll wait until the spring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts