Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i understand that lifted wranglers dont have the softest rides but i think theres something wrong with mine.
i have a 99 wrangler sport with a 4" skyjacker lift and 33" bf all terrains and when im cornering in my jeep i notice exessive
body roll, feels like the thing is going to roll over, and also feels like the rear end is sliding all over the place. i noticed that the axle doesnt look aligned so it pokes out an inch more on the right side than the left.
what should i look for to fix this, i do have a skyjacker steering stablizer and i just replaced the front u joints.
i just bought this a couple of months ago and its been like this since. will post pictures if needed

·
Registered
454 Posts
you need a front sway bar(body roll)
you need adj rear track bar (axle prob)

·
Registered
817 Posts
you need a front sway bar(body roll)
you need adj rear track bar (axle prob)
yup, these are the 2 main factors.

my friend bought a TJ that had the same symptoms, the PO seems to have downgraded the jeep before selling it.

The PO removed the swaybar disconnects without replacing them with orriginal connects, and when he lowered the jeep he kept the longer than stock trackbar installed thus shifting the axle to the left. (note while looking from the back: axle shifted to left= long trackbar, axle shifted to the right = short trackbar)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts