Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And no, the gas pedal isn't sad (see Thread Title)...

My 2003 Wrangler has recently been doing some "kicking" when I take my foot off the gas pedal. Depending on the speed (usually over 30 mph), when I remove my foot, there is a minor jolt a second or two later. It doesn't always do it, but when it does it's fairly consistent.

It this a fuel pump concern? Something else?

Thanks!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Usually it's the throttle position sensor. It doesn't throw a check engine light until it gets extremely bad though, but the jeep will kick like you described.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Usually it's the throttle position sensor. It doesn't throw a check engine light until it gets extremely bad though, but the jeep will kick like you described.
Hmmm... I just replaced that about 15k miles ago. Do they go out that easily/quickly?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Check the tps connector for corrosion. Also check to make sure you have a solid 5 volt reference and a solid ground going to it

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
And no, the gas pedal isn't sad (see Thread Title)...

My 2003 Wrangler has recently been doing some "kicking" when I take my foot off the gas pedal. Depending on the speed (usually over 30 mph), when I remove my foot, there is a minor jolt a second or two later. It doesn't always do it, but when it does it's fairly consistent.

It this a fuel pump concern? Something else?

Thanks!
Just a shot in the dark, have you checked your throttle body? Maybe its sticking and needed to cleaned?

(Didn't see the TPS recommendations till after my post)

·
Registered
604 Posts
jiminmanjr said:
Hmmm... I just replaced that about 15k miles ago. Do they go out that easily/quickly?
They usually don't. Just check your connections to be safe and give your tb a good cleaning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts