Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

Looking to order a new Wrangler. I'm looking at the Chief, the Willys W, the Smokey Mountain, Freedom Edition or the Big Bear.

1. Can someone confirm that the Chief does not offer the Power Convenience Group, including no power window option? How do the Off Road tires perform on the street?

2. What is the difference btw the Willy and the Willy W. What does the "W" stand for? Does the W offer power windows or power convenience Group?

3. Does the Smokey Mountain offer Power Convenience Group?

3. Can you still order the Big Bear or Feedom Edition?

4. Reviewing the website page is just so confusing. Each model offers limited or different options. I want the Alpine Stereo & Power Convenience Group, as must haves.

TIA for your assistance.

Cheers /B

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
1. Can someone confirm that the Chief does not offer the Power Convenience Group, including no power window option? How do the Off Road tires perform on the street?

2. What is the difference btw the Willy and the Willy W. What does the "W" stand for? Does the W offer power windows or power convenience Group?

3. Does the Smokey Mountain offer Power Convenience Group?

3. Can you still order the Big Bear or Feedom Edition?

4. Reviewing the website page is just so confusing. Each model offers limited or different options. I want the Alpine Stereo & Power Convenience Group, as must haves.
1: I can't answer this question because I don't have the jeep yet.

2: According to the site the Willys W has a few more options over just the Willys wrangler. Like the remote keyless entry, painted fenders, duel top option, and yes the Power Convenience Group. etc.

3A: Again according to the jeep site, the Smokey Mountain does not offer the Power Convenience Group.

3B: According to other sources, the last month one can order the Big Bear is this month as it least run will come down the line around July. So as a warning to anyone wanting to order any wrangler the last possible date is the first week in June or as long as the order arrives at the factory no later than July 6th-13th. However even if you're able to get a late order in.. you could end up with a 2018 JK model (Yes there will be a few short months the JK will still run)

4: Can't help you with this one either cause I don't listen to the radio.

·
Registered
32 Posts
on those SE models, make sure to check what coming standard, because on the jeep site, if its a standard feature on the model, it wont show up in the options.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Are you confused, or simply disappointed with the available option choices for the model(s) that interest you? The Jeep website is pretty straight forward. After you pick the model, it will only show you the options that are available for it.

·
Registered
926 Posts
The chief is Sahara based, so it likely includes power convenience already and is not optional. I'm not too familiar with the smokey mountain edition, but if it is Sahara based it likely includes power convenience as well. When you finish the build on the website you should be able to see everything included in the package.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The Smoky Mountain is Sahara based, I know it comes with the powerdome?? hood , leather, 3.73 I'm thinking and a few other small differences, correct me if I am wrong

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you confused, or simply disappointed with the available option choices for the model(s) that interest you? The Jeep website is pretty straight forward. After you pick the model, it will only show you the options that are available for it.
^^^ Actually, a bit of both. I can't understand why the Chief does not offer the Power Convenience Group, but if you look at a build, the picture does not show a manual window handle. See my confusion?

When reviewing the LE models, I can't determine which models I'm interested in that have the two options I can't live without - Alpine Stereo & Power Convenience Group.

I'll try it again, after ten plus attempts...

BarrelBore, et al, thanks very much for your insight!

Cheers/B

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
^^^ Actually, a bit of both. I can't understand why the Chief does not offer the Power Convenience Group, but if you look at a build, the picture does not show a manual window handle. See my confusion?
If you select the Chief, select View Standard Features (just to the right of the MPG), and scroll down quite a way in the pop up, you should find...

Windows & Locks
Power Door Locks
Power Windows with Front One-Touch-Down Feature
Rear Window Defroster

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've been on the jeep website a million times doing the "build and price".
It is very frustrating but what I did learn is call your local dealer and tell them what you want. My local dealer doesn't even use the jeep website, they have their own "system?"
Biggest problem for me was how to get heated seats...those are hard to get in certain models (btw, i don't own one just lots of research).
Good luck

·
Registered
330 Posts
If you select the Chief, select View Standard Features, and scroll down quite a way in the pop up, you should find...

Windows & Locks
Power Door Locks
Power Windows with Front One-Touch-Down Feature
Rear Window Defroster
^^^ Chief also includes Alpine audio and heated leather seats.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WaltA - you are the man! TY!

Moresmoke - with your handle, you should drive the new Smokey Mountain LE, lol...

Thanks Gents!

Cheers/B

·
Registered
301 Posts

When reviewing the LE models, I can't determine which models I'm interested in that have the two options I can't live without - Alpine Stereo & Power Convenience Group.

I'll try it again, after ten plus attempts...

BarrelBore, et al, thanks very much for your insight!

Cheers/B
Read the VIEW STANDARD FEATURES on the VERY FIRST PAGE! Everything is listed there is nothing confusing. Read.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Read the VIEW STANDARD FEATURES on the VERY FIRST PAGE! Everything is listed there is nothing confusing. Read.
^^^ In reference to your negative/rude/worthless comment, I ordered my new JK, and I laughed when the salesman said, "...the Wrangler options list on the Jeep website is very confusing. Only Jeep's Customer Preferred Code Guide is accurate."

The next time you feel compelled to offer a snide/immature/worthless comment, know what you are talking about, noob!

Those of you reviewing the website, take note, only the Customer Preferred Code Guide is accurate, concerning Wrangler options and packages.

Cheers/B

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got the Smokey Mountain and love it. It did come with power convenience package along with many extras. The Alpine system will blow the top off the Jeep at half volume.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts