Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI:flowers: ! new to fourm, I am a Rural route mail carrier and have been looking for a right hand drive wrangler, I have spotted a few (used) and I was wondering besides the 4 door are there certain models or years that have more space inside than others? I need all the space i can get :punk:. I will be using this for other things besides delivering mail, gotta have some fun too! Thanks, hope to be a jeep owner soon!

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
The later TJ models have a longer bed. Google TJ unlimited or LJ (long jeep) for more information on them. They are hard to find so people snap them up when they go on sale.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
If you are looking at Jeeps be aware that if a lift kit is in your plans it will be tricky when finding a kit since the steering is setup different.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The later TJ models have a longer bed. Google TJ unlimited or LJ (long jeep) for more information on them. They are hard to find so people snap them up when they go on sale.
what year did they start making the longer bed in the TJ models?..i have been trying to find this out. I would love to get an unlimited, but just finding a RHD one is tough,

·
High Plains Beast
142 Posts
All correct; 04-06 LJ. Here's my 05 as an example. When I take the back seat out I have almost 6ft of room. There's a great red one (06) in the For Sale section, all done up and ready for fun!
Good Luck

·
Registered
63 Posts
Why not just get a DJ? I saw one for $500, ran great the guy just wanted it gone. I see them around a lot and they are postal jeeps. Seems like what you are looking for.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why not just get a DJ? I saw one for $500, ran great the guy just wanted it gone. I see them around a lot and they are postal jeeps. Seems like what you are looking for.
most routes by me lead a hard life,and those are just 2WD, it's March and still snowing by me.BTW, I have to stop looking for a while the wife wants a divorce:surrender::facepalm: :banghead: not alowed to spend any money right, now, and when i do get to it will only be half!
:nonono:

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
A guy in our club ordered a RHD 2dr 2009 JK for his rural mail route. The front seat was removed in favor of a mail tray.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sorry to bring uo an old post, but I stumbled across this site and found a right hand drive jeep, not exactly what I wanted but...I pick it up tomorrow, hope I didn't do to bad
Obenauf Auction Service, Inc.
there is an 8% fee ontop of my bid price.
I will have a 4x4 for winter:punk:

·
Registered
864 Posts
A lot depends on the area you are in, but I don't think you did bad. I paid $7900 for a 97 se with simular mileage a couple years ago. Mine is a standard lhd so in my opinion you did ok.

·
Registered
422 Posts
".....lights and controls stay with vehicle including PA system".

You could definitely have some FUN with that stuff if you wanted to ......:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep picked it up today, lights and PA are cool, even has a scare the cr-p out of you horn. Couldn't get the spotlight to work, must be electrical.
Didn't have much time to play with it yet, but I'm sure to have some questions since I am new to the "Jeep" world

1 - 17 of 17 Posts