Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. I'm looking for wrangler owners out there who have experience with truck conversions for their jeeps. I recently helped a buddy out and picked up his 2007 JKU Rubicon. Motor caught fire(dont ask, dont know) anyways. The the jeep is my second and a blank slate. I was thinking I want to make it something unique. Now I see all these truck conversions out there but the only one to catch my eye is the AEV'S now I'm not going all out with AEV because I had an idea. Back in the day my dad used to drive us around in his old Club Cab Dodge Dakota and I recently saw one again. The ones with the cheap ass flip up seats in the back and there was only 2 of them and they sat straight up and down. I dont need a full AEV Double Cab. But I do want a backseat. I want a Club Cab Jeep Wrangler. No I dont need doors for the backseats I will replace the passenger seat with a jk 2 door passenger seat assembly so it can slide forward to get back there. And I plan on only having 2 seats back there like the only Dakota's. I dont want to stretch the frame. I'll add give or take 20 inches behind the wheelwell for the box. And the jeep to be single body construction. No separate cab and box. Any advice anyone?

·
Super Moderator
21,984 Posts
google J8 conversion and Teraflex sells a kit as well.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you want to keep any kind of a back seat I think the Gr8Tops is the best one.

The Mopar JK-8 kit is still available, as well as DV-8 Offroad offers one that are pretty much single cabs. The Mopar has a little back window, but it doesn't look like any bigger of a cab than the DV8

·
Registered
1,780 Posts

^^ saw this almost a year ago @ dealer when getting service

It was billed as a JK-8 conversion, and wouldn't have enough meaningful room behind the front seats to have jump seats for rear passengers...was a cool looking rig though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts