Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
12,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to start off a build thread for the 2015 JKUR that will be used for Official Wranglerforum product reviews, and if we are lucky a few up coming events.

Over all build plans are to make it able to handle moderate trails but still comfortable for the drive to work.

The post below will have a full listing of what products are on the jeep as well as link to the full review when completed.

Our Forum Supporting Vendors @Rancho and @Quadratec where kind enough to supply some of their products for the build so we hope to have those installed in the coming weeks. Thus be sure to check back and see what has been added.

4Jeepn
WF Admin

·
Administrator
12,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Mod list:

Below is a list of what will be going on the Jeep. Once it is installed the review will be posted.

Black Forest Gear: ThrowBack Top
Full review:Throwback Top review

Rancho:
2" Sport lift with Geo Brackets:
Review: Rancho 2" lift

Quadratec:
Q9500 Winch with Rockhard 4x4 winch mount:

Spicer Parts:
Front and Rear Diff Covers & Front Drive Shaft

MetalCloak:
Overland flip Rockers with step. Current install

·
Administrator
12,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I like the security of the hardtop, but didn't realize how much I missed the fun of having the sun and wind. Thus as shown in the intro photo above the folks at Black Forest Gear provided one of their Throwback tops. Simple install and have to say breaks up the all whiteness look on the Jeep.

Check out the full review:
Review Throwback Top

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will have an full review on the lift posted soon, But I think it turned out well. @Rancho 2" Progressive sport. Rides and drives very nice.. still seeing which setting the 9000s are best at.

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rancho 2 inch lift is awesome. I have it in my jeep.
agreed. Rides nice, Putting finishing touches on review and video, hope to have it all posted saturday after some delays this week.

·
Administrator
12,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
782 Posts
its an awesome lift been on mine for 2 years only issue is the shocks can rust fast and I had to move the break line a little since it was rubbing. But other wise awesome lift for the price cant beat it. (did I mention wish I went higher then 2 inch's) :)

·
Administrator
12,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its an awesome lift been on mine for 2 years only issue is the shocks can rust fast and I had to move the break line a little since it was rubbing. But other wise awesome lift for the price cant beat it. (did I mention wish I went higher then 2 inch's) :)
agreed, great value for what you get. I am going to clear coast the shocks, yes should have done it before I put them on but so it goes..

·
Administrator
12,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
Registered
838 Posts
I saw on the 'WF Rancho and Milestar at Windrock' video the you have installed a winch. Is that the Q9500 Winch with Rockhard 4x4 winch mount mentioned above? Did you add an aftermarket front skid?

·
Administrator
12,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I saw on the 'WF Rancho and Milestar at Windrock' video the you have installed a winch. Is that the Q9500 Winch with Rockhard 4x4 winch mount mentioned above? Did you add an aftermarket front skid?
Yes the Q9500 was transferred over from the XJ.. Used the rockhard mount. No front bumper area skid, but did install a JCR transmission/engine skid. Only concern I have with the rock hard mount is it uses a post to hold it down at the tow hook(kinda hard to explain) and does not allow you to fully put a tow strap on. Strap will work, but have to make sure its on so to speak.

·
Administrator
12,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Administrator
12,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Keep forgetting to post these in here..

This works great.. best reception I have had in a while.

·
Administrator
12,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
and this one..

·
Administrator
12,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Clearly I need to post more in here.. will work on that..

Few shorts from the Daniel Boone Back Country Byway.. slade KY

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just got done installing the @MetalCloak Overland rockers with flip step and had chance to test this past weekend.. glad they were on.. will have a full write up and video up soon..

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts