Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any feedback with this place?

I am interested in getting a bumper from them. Its $50 cheaper from them then everyone else. I am skeptical because there is no reviews for them. I don't know if rugged ridge is on MAP pricing and this guy just doesn't care.

wrangler works.com just in case someone skips over the title

·
Registered
509 Posts
Have you tried Extreme Terrain? XTRyan, on this forum, either owns or works for Extreme Terrain, and will cut you a deal if you PM him. They are very easy to work with, and have pretty decent prices to boot. Try them out!

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Personally, I would stay VERY far away from this one. :nonono:

When I tried to look them up in the Better Business Bureau for Valley Cottage, NY, the EXACT same address came up as a financial planner with an F Rating. Seems a little fishy that first: an offroad shop and a financial planner would choose the same office and second: that this 'new' place would just happen to move into a place where the previous occupant just HAPPENED to have an F rating? Little too coincidental for me.

And how many offroad shops would have an office on Corporate Way? Not that it's impossible, but added to the other clues, it sounds more like a rented mailbox for scam operations...

But that's my .02.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Unfortunately, once you've given your CC to a scammer like that, they've GOT YOUR NUMBER, plus the CCV and can use your card to run up charges elsewhere. Which in turn damages YOUR credit report, costs YOU time to clean up all the messes, change all your accounts, file police reports and all the other :censored: that goes along with being taken in by a scammer.

Having a facebook page doesn't lend any reliability to a business unless it's been up for quite a while and you can see LOTS of interaction/reviews with MANY people. When I looked at their facebook page it had ONE five start review. Five stars, but since it's only one, it could be a fake page that they created just to lend credence to their business page.

These scammers know what they are doing and go to great lengths to provide the APPEARANCE of propriety. They know what people are looking for. You just have to research enough to see if it's a façade or the truth.

And even longetivity isn't always an indicator. Good, reputable shops can fall on hard times and go from highly respected to scammer overnight. It's happened in the jeep community before. Buying online has inherent risks that can never be TRULY avoided. Then it's up to you to decide what the risk is worth.

As I said, my first post was only MY opinion of this site. They may be the next upcoming Quadratec or Extreme Terrain. If that PROVES to be true, I will be first in line to offer my apologies...

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
While I have no idea if they are scamming or not, I can tell you for a fact all they are doing is acting as a middle man for large resellers. My guess is they have a corporate account with 4wd.com/4wheelparts.com and a couple others. You place an order from them, they place a PO to (whoever) and then the product is drop shipped to you.

You can typically do better shopping at Quad, 4wheel, ExtremeTerrain, etc. Just let our contacts know what you need and I'm sure they will be more than happy to help. Rick from Quadratec and Ryan from ExtremeTerrain are two of the better vendors on this site (and just a couple of many great guys/gals).

In the "about us" section of the page it shows a picture of a guy on a beach standing next to 2 basically totally stock Jeeps. Not my idea of someone that knows off-roading all too well. Stick with the pros and they won't let you down.

Directly from their site:
We are based in New York and distribute across America. We have 5 warehouses located across the USA in Compton California, Denver Colorado, Columbiana Ohio, Coppell Texas and Jacksonville Florida to ensure fast immediate shipping direct via FedEx, UPS & First Class Priority Mail to your door.

Where Do our items ship From?

We have our manufactures ship directly to your door instead of first routing it through our office. This saves you both time and money and is how we are able to offer you such low prices! We have 5 warehouses located across the USA in Compton California, Denver Colorado, Columbiana Ohio, Coppell Texas and Jacksonville Florida to ensure fast immediate shipping direct to your door.

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
Thanks for the support guys!

Anyone have any feedback with this place?

I am interested in getting a bumper from them. Its $50 cheaper from them then everyone else. I am skeptical because there is no reviews for them. I don't know if rugged ridge is on MAP pricing and this guy just doesn't care.

wrangler works.com just in case someone skips over the title
Broccoli,

I responded to your PM earlier. We should be able to set you up with a great price on that bumper! Let me know what you decide.

-Ryan

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Did a big of digging I'm not sure it's a total scam, but frankly I wouldn't be ordering from them unless I had a temp CC number. Why? Site is pretty much brand new, the owner, Heath Friend shows up asking for help on some eCommerce sites. That's not a big deal, just tells me he's new and isn't using outside help. That's within the past month.

Now read his site he claims, "We have 5 warehouses located across the USA in Compton California, Denver Colorado, Columbiana Ohio, Coppell Texas and Jacksonville Florida" yet they are based in New York.
You can see it here:
About Us – Wrangler Works

Call it coincidence but each one of those locations is also home to 4WheelParts warehouse too.
You can see it here:
4 Wheel Parts Shipping Locations

It's your call, but I wouldn't feel good about buying from him. Seems to be fishy.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Now read his site he claims, "We have 5 warehouses located across the USA in Compton California, Denver Colorado, Columbiana Ohio, Coppell Texas and Jacksonville Florida" yet they are based in New York.
You can see it here:
About Us – Wrangler Works

Call it coincidence but each one of those locations is also home to 4WheelParts warehouse too.
You can see it here:
4 Wheel Parts Shipping Locations

It's your call, but I wouldn't feel good about buying from him. Seems to be fishy.

See my post above - that was my point. He is just a drop shipper. Nothing more...nothing less. Doesn't even seem to be big into the Jeep community or off-roading from the looks of "his" Jeeps.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
uh oh

After spending all day in a truck at work I came back and ordered this bumper from wranglerworks :atomic: .

Had I read this previously. I would have have just ordered it from extreme terrain, I would have paid more money as they were unable to price match. I will say their customer service was pleasant and willing to help answer my questions.

I don't know if I should just wait it out and see if I get this bumper or contact paypal and see if they will monitor my account for me.

A day late and a buck short I suppose.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I would bet anything that the warehouse they mention in Coppell, TX is the distribution center for 4Wheel parts. It is right up the road from my office and they have a retail center there to and I frequent it.

Like someone said above they are simply drop shipping from other sellers and manufacturers.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Personally, I would stay VERY far away from this one. :nonono: When I tried to look them up in the Better Business Bureau for Valley Cottage, NY, the EXACT same address came up as a financial planner with an F Rating. Seems a little fishy that first: an offroad shop and a financial planner would choose the same office and second: that this 'new' place would just happen to move into a place where the previous occupant just HAPPENED to have an F rating? Little too coincidental for me. And how many offroad shops would have an office on Corporate Way? Not that it's impossible, but added to the other clues, it sounds more like a rented mailbox for scam operations... But that's my .02.
I live around the corner from there. I have never been down Corporate Way.... But there is an odd mix of businesses down that road including one of those Bounce places that have an entire room of trampolines. Lots of traffic always coming in and out. My guess would be the same as the others that he is just a drop shipper and does nothing but sit in that office and be a middle man. I can swing down that road tomorrow and see what I can see, maybe a sign out front....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well latest news is that Heath Fiend is a real person. I spoke with him on the phone, he seems like a genuine guy. He unfortunately was not able to give me a time frame of when I would see the bumper. I asked him for a refund, he apologized that he was not able to fill my order, and then refunded my money and sent me 5% off coupon codes. Maybe I will give him another shot in the future if he has something to offer that the other guys dont. I placed the order with Extreme Terrain.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Drop shipping from the manufacturer is not uncommon even among the vendors here. And a lot of the time the vendors that stock items are still out of stock and you have to wait. I guess it depends on the deal you get if you are willing to wait, doesn't mean the dealer is unethical, he said up front your item would be drop shipped.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I apologize for casting aspersions on wrangler works.com! :worthy::worthy:

Rob, I'm glad that it all worked out for you in the end! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
And you didn't go wrong dealing with Exteme Terrain. What they do for the Jeeping community here is awesome.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree extreme terrain was a pleasure to deal with. It already shipped today, I will probably see it Monday, if it is coming from PA.
Thanks everyone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts