Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some small scratches in my hardtop that I want to fix. I tried the sharpie but I was not satisfied how it came out. I went on Amazon and searched for hardtop touch up paint and found a dealer selling Mopar part number "68060405AA." I searched this online and found this to be the part number for the black hardtop so I ordered. However, I received Mopar part number "68060405AB." I have searched online and cannot seem to find anything on this part number. The merchant I purchased this on Amazon is adamant that this is the correct part number (even though his Amazon listing showed a different part number). And he is giving me a hard time about returning and refunding me. Does anyone have any info on this part number? Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
224 Posts
part number

Went to the Mopar parts counter ordered the Firecracker Red touch up paint, when I came back to get it, it was black! So looked up the number again, it matched.....both paints! :jawdrop:Had to call several dealers, look up the number then physically check to see if it was red or black. Finally got it though so kudos to parts dept.:lmao:

·
Registered
59 Posts
The "AA" vs. the "AB" at the end of the part number, could mean a different supply vendor, could mean a packaging change. Regardless, the numerals are the same, so it's a simple matter of the "AB" replaces/supersedes the "AA".

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
You're fine. When a part number goes from an AA to an AB for example, it's an updated part which "supersedes" the previous part number like was said above. This time, Amazon is correct.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts