Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i might have gotten myself into a pickle here im installing a 4 inch rc lift and cut on of my seized spring eye bolt went to the jeep dealer and that maroon gave me the shackle bolt not the spring eye so being in a pinch i slapped it is and it works do you all think it is safe or smart to leave it or should i replace it if replace it please link me the bolt and nut i know it is 9/16-12x4.50 please help i am technologically challenged :pullinghair:

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Yes you need to put in the correct size bolt... find an ace hardware or fastenal store....

·
Super Moderator
10,551 Posts
When I replaced my springs I got 4 grade 8 bolts, flat washers, lock washers and nuts at NAPA. All the hardware I used is grade 8.
I bought the bolts longer than it seemed that I needed so that the unthreaded shoulder would be inside the bushing collar. I didn't want the bushing to make noise by banging on the smaller threaded portion of the bolt.

Fastenal has such a selection of hardware I spend an hour there just looking around whenever I go there.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
.....Fastenal has such a selection of hardware I spend an hour there just looking around whenever I go there.

Good Luck, L.M.
PLUS they have nemesis safety/sun glasses for $5 a pair... I used to buy a couple pair every visit before I came into 2 cases that should last me a while....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help i ended up finding the bolt at the hole in the wall tool store super nice father son shop

1 - 6 of 6 Posts