Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:had a minor water leak at the water outlet, thought it might be the gasket, I bought a new thermostat,and gasket hoping to get my operating temp to 180-210 range, it has been 130ish no matter what.I put in a 195 degree thermostat & gasket, it's still leaking.Any way after I redid the whole process thinking the thermostat may have slipped and another gasket, still leaks.I finally scrubbed the water outlet down and it was cracked by the bottom bolt.I thought it was molding marks at first. I put some stress where the bolts go thru and it snapped.While trying to locate a new one at the parts house I find I have a water housing speced for the 6 cylinder, not my 2.5L. Fortunately its a cheaper price one $13.00 verse $50.00.I was told the engine is a transplant, but a 6 banger outlet on a 2.5 engine?Any suggestions when I put the new outlet in tomorrow? As usual Thanks for all your help.:wavey:

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
just mock it up first before you put any gaskets or sealer on. That way you'll know 100% it will work before installing it for good.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
first make sure everything is perfectly clean then follow the directions on the sealant that you use..it will probably say to just pull it down and then wait a certain amount of time before tightening it a little more..then wait for a certain time period before refilling and putting in use..if it says that it is fully cured in 24 hours then I wait 24 hours before refilling it

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS for all the help, this newbee needs all I can get

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update on water outlet, everything put back together, no leaks!!! THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
my water outlet just cracked on my 2.5....... bought a new one from jc and thing does not fit at all, not even close. so should i get the water outlet for a 6 banger? has anyone heard about this?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi alpo, when I changed mine I matched it up to the pictures on the parts store catalog on line, I only found 2, you can tell the difference reel quick.In my case the water outlet on my 2.5 was also used on the 6 bangers.Hope this helps. As harleydragon says might have sent you the wrong one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts