Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you guys recommend getting a 4.0 reman long block with warranty? Looking for good quality but also the best price I can find. Currently looking at ATK along with Gear Head Engines who have their own for $1700 which is where I'm leaning. Any suggestions and how much did you pay?

·
Registered
172 Posts
FWIW.... I just purchased and installed a 4.3 long block chevy in my blazer from advance auto 3 yr warranty might check them out...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Golen Engine.

https://golenengineservice.com/engines/jeep-stroker-engine/4-6l270hp-jeep-long-block

They specialize in strokers however I'm sure they could hook you up with a 4.0 replacement. Made in a small facility in New Hampshire rather than ATKs Mexican sweat shop.

Just a recommendation. I have zero experience with their products but Chad Golen is a 4Litre guru, why go anywhere else.
I called the shop and they want $3500 and as much as I would like to buy American I just can't afford that. Besides I could get a stroker for a couple hundred more.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Where do you guys recommend getting a 4.0 reman long block with warranty? Looking for good quality but also the best price I can find. Currently looking at ATK along with Gear Head Engines who have their own for $1700 which is where I'm leaning. Any suggestions and how much did you pay?
I went with atk through rocak auto and used a rockauto 5% code. First engine failed after 8 miles, they did however send me out a new one with no problem, maiden voyage is today. I noticed you are in Pennsylvania isnt Daveys close? Watch for a low mile one out of a wreck? Thats what Im going to do if this atk fails too.

Good luck Good thing these are a simple swap!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts