Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Something really bad happened to me today. I was merging on the highway with my auto jku 2012 and all of a sudden, i heard a big sound like if i had downshifted from 4th to 2nd gear combined with engine breaking. While still merging on the highway, I could not use the tap shifter at all and pressing the gas pedal was doing absolutely nothing.Basically, everything had stopped working and i was loosing speed

for your info, the engine light light came on solid immediately

Did anybody experience anything like this ?

on another note, I am really disappointed with my new vehicule so far and i only have about 3000 miles. I have been experiencing engine whistle, rattle can sound from passenger side and now this.

I want to kill myself because i traded my 2011 jku for this junk

·
Registered
66 Posts
That's why we have warranty...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi,

Something really bad happened to me today. I was merging on the highway with my auto jku 2012 and all of a sudden, i heard a big sound like if i had downshifted from 4th to 2nd gear combined with engine breaking. While still merging on the highway, I could not use the tap shifter at all and pressing the gas pedal was doing absolutely nothing.Basically, everything had stopped working and i was loosing speed

for your info, the engine light light came on solid immediately

Did anybody experience anything like this ?

on another note, I am really disappointed with my new vehicule so far and i only have about 3000 miles. I have been experiencing engine whistle, rattle can sound from passenger side and now this.

I want to kill myself because i traded my 2011 jku for this junk
+ i tried the 3 times key-switch to know the CEL code but it did not show any. only --done---

how the heck?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Sounds like a fuel pump or something electrical who knows, that's what a warranty is for.

·
Registered
531 Posts
You were experiencing engine whistle and rattling from the car and you never got it checked out? Your car was giving you signs of something wrong and you didn't take any action.

·
Registered
92 Posts
yes i did . i had the dealer checked it out and said he could not hear a thing. im taking it tomorrow anyway .

now i have an engine light so he should listen to me

maybe it has something to do with the ticking head

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
take a few and calm down. you're covered. were you able to drive away after?

·
Registered
765 Posts
frustrating would be an understatement. sorry for your troubles. get that shiet to the dealer immediately. should have utilized roadside assistance too..

whistle could be a belt/water pump bearing, at el.

rattling could be HVAC tubes behind glove box/heat shield/ et al.

BUMPER2BUMPER my friend. in the interim, Jagermiester works wonders ;)

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
drinking the pain . the perfect cure . hehe
i'm right there with you buddy, the liquid medicine. i just had my 6speed transmission torn apart for repair and the problem came back within 20 miles.

·
Banned
3,573 Posts
It sounds like it is related to just being a Chrysler product.
^ This.

I'll be honest, I cringed when I signed the paperwork for my Jeep and thought to myself, "I can't believe I'm actually buying a Chrysler product, especially after owning a reliable vehicle like a Subaru. I have gotta be stupid for buying a Chrysler instead of another Subaru."

I don't expect my Jeep to last more than 85,000-100,000 miles. Chrysler products tend to have a "perceived" quality about them, but in essence, they're really not very good products. I'm hopeful that within the past few years, things have changed. I feel like Chrysler are making positive strides but I still don't trust them.

I'm hoping for the best with this Chrysler. I'm 8,300 miles into Chrysler ownership and thus far, I can't complain. Chrysler just may win me over, yet. I like the Chrysler/Dodge lineup but I just don't trust the build quality or reliability aspects of Chrysler just yet.

·
Registered
694 Posts
^ This.

I'll be honest, I cringed when I signed the paperwork for my Jeep and thought to myself, "I can't believe I'm actually buying a Chrysler product, especially after owning a reliable vehicle like a Subaru. I have gotta be stupid for buying a Chrysler instead of another Subaru."

I don't expect my Jeep to last more than 85,000-100,000 miles. Chrysler products tend to have a "perceived" quality about them, but in essence, they're really not very good products. I'm hopeful that within the past few years, things have changed. I feel like Chrysler are making positive strides but I still don't trust them.

I'm hoping for the best with this Chrysler. I'm 8,300 miles into Chrysler ownership and thus far, I can't complain. Chrysler just may win me over, yet. I like the Chrysler/Dodge lineup but I just don't trust the build quality or reliability aspects of Chrysler just yet.

Funny, I just sold my 1990 YJ two days ago. It had just a touch over 340,000 miles and ran perfect. Everything worked and was very tight. The guy buying it will easily be putting another 100K on it. He was stoked on how clean and perfect running it was. That 4.2 was strong.

·
Banned
3,573 Posts
Funny, I just sold my 1990 YJ two days ago. It had just a touch over 340,000 miles and ran perfect. Everything worked and was very tight. The guy buying it will easily be putting another 100K on it. He was stoked on how clean and perfect running it was. That 4.2 was strong.
We all know vehicles are no longer made to last. If they were, they couldn't sell us new ones every few years.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
^ This.

Chrysler products tend to have a "perceived" quality about them, but in essence, they're really not very good products. I'm hopeful that within the past few years, things have changed. I feel like Chrysler are making positive strides but I still don't trust
I even worked for Chrysler and later for a Chrysler dealer and never heard of a "perceived quality" about them. They have always been lower quality but certainly a lower price too! I'm not so sure about the lower price these days.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts