Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 TJ with the aftermarket bumpers and skid plates attached , weight wise? Please let me know your opinions, especially if you own one. Also, does anyone have any experience with Warn's 9000lb. Tabor winch? T.I.A.

·
that's what she said
16,481 Posts
that winch should be more than enough to pull you. the typical rule of thumb to go by when selecting a winch is take the curb weight of the vehicle and multiply buy 1.5. this will give you the minimum capacity. myself, i like to at least double it. a stock TJ's curb weight is just under 3300 lbs. if you round up that weight to 4000 lbs to allow for added mods and weight, your winch will still be able to pull double the weight of your vehicle. warn makes one of the best (if not the best) winches around. the m8000 is a very popular model for vehicles around a jeep's size.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
Yep, the M8000 is fine... no worries. I have no personal experience with Warn's Tabor but it would be a good choice too... though Warn's mechanical warranty is lifetime vs. Tabor's one-year warranty. That is one reason for their cost difference. :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information and opinions. I am going to order the M8000, so hopefully it will be here when my LoD front bumper arrives. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Yep, I've got a M8000 on the front and I have never had any problems with it. It's fast, very fast. So you've gotta be careful if you're running the steel cable :p

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have an M8000, I like it, I put the controls inboard. It's nice and compact. Make sure your battery is in good shape or new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts