Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and price in to consideration? I was reading the BB thread below and am hoping to get opinions on what company makes the best/ most complete 2" BB spacer and shock kit at the best price. Thanks.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I've heard the Skyjacker BB with Hydro shocks is good
Some people like the Rubicon Express but others say their shocks are crappy.

I'm in the market for one, also I just don't know which I will choose yet.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Phrankoff said:
I've heard the Skyjacker BB with Hydro shocks is good
Some people like the Rubicon Express but others say their shocks are crappy.

I'm in the market for one, also I just don't know which I will choose yet.
Moscoeb has the skyjacker 2" BB. We went wheeling this past weekend and he really likes it. Looks good and rides good from what he told me. Maybe he will chime in.

·
Registered
386 Posts
did he get it with or without the shocks? if he got the shocks did he get Hydro or Nitros?

So much of the Jeep world is preference. This is what I have learned. Haha. Some say go Nitro some say go Hydro. Some people rag on the RE shocks some say their ride is awesome.

Whatever floats your boat!

·
that's what she said
16,481 Posts
i got mine from rocky road outfitters 5 years ago and i am very happy with it. there has been no sag or loss of height. if you get the kit with shock extensions (uses stock shocks) it is $113 if you get it with 4 new shocks the kit is $238.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Phrankoff said:
did he get it with or without the shocks? if he got the shocks did he get Hydro or Nitros?

So much of the Jeep world is preference. This is what I have learned. Haha. Some say go Nitro some say go Hydro. Some people rag on the RE shocks some say their ride is awesome.

Whatever floats your boat!
He has the hydros. I also have them on my JK, although my BB is a teraflex. No complaints.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I've been deciding between the Hydros and the Nitros. Just weigh the reviews I guess. haha. I'm looking more for a smoother ride as it will be more of a DD than a off road rig

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bought mine from 4wheelcusoms. Lowest price I saw for RE with monotube shocks. Maybe too low because they were on backorder so I spent a little more for the rancho 9000xl shocks but it turned out to be about the same price because of a rancho promotion giving you a rebate 4 for the price of 3. 4 wheel customs was really nice to work with.

4 Wheel Customs - TJ/LJ/Rubicon 2.25" Complete Budget Boost Kits

·
Registered
349 Posts
I've heard a lot of good things about Zone. I will be installing a BB soon and will probably go with them. I think their setup is about $235ish.

http://zoneoffroad.com/

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
All BB's are essentially the same. The difference is in the shocks. Don't go with the Skyjacker Nitros, go hydro. All I have ever read are that the nitros are a rough ride. I have Hydros on mine and they ride well. Rubicon express Monotubes and OME are also good choices...it all just depends on your budget

·
Registered
386 Posts
The two I was considering where the Skyjackers and the Rubicon express.
IF I go RE I would have to hold out for the monos. If I go Skyjacker I can easily manage the difference from Nitro to Hydro.

So many mixed reviews on the Nitro vs. Hydro

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
The two I was considering where the Skyjackers and the Rubicon express.
IF I go RE I would have to hold out for the monos. If I go Skyjacker I can easily manage the difference from Nitro to Hydro.

So many mixed reviews on the Nitro vs. Hydro
From what Ive seen for jeeps, the majority of them say they are valved too stiff to run on a jeep. Ive had my Hydros for almost 2.5 years and dont regret them at all...and u cant beat the price.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I did get the skyjacker BB and it was relatively easy to put on, however the instructions sucked! It is all common sense though.
I did get the shocks with the BB, and I ordered the hydro as I had heard the nitro was very stiff. So far I am extremely happy, on road at slower speeds it is very slightly stiffer than stock, however gravel roads, fields, and off road, it rides amazingly better. I think you have to have enough speed or a big enough bump to actually actuate the shock, so parking lot speeds and bumps tend to transfer a little more.
Overall, I am extremely satisfied, and would get them again. I got mine from Morris 4x4 and I paid 3something for the whole kit.
I put 31x10.50 on it and personally think it looks darn good! I have a picture up on my profile if you want to take a look.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have the Skyjacker with hydros. I paid 240 from 4wheelparts and am very happy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i got mine from fat bobs garage, the shocks are identical to the skyjacker hydros, and the rear spacers are a bit wider and cover the hole spring plate, im happy with it!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just ordered the Zone 2" BB. I also got the heavier steering stabilizer, shock boots, and the alignment cam kit. Dave at Zone said they have their gas shocks valved specifically for the TJ so I paid the extra $5.00 per shock and upgraded. Dave was very patient and walked me through the process because I really was not sure what I wanted. So, if the kit is as good as their customer service I know I will be pleased. I will give a review once I install the kit.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts