Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I was planing on sliders and a security lid next but got sidetracked with the audio. This is something I have absolutely no experience with. Box showed up from Crutchfield and just from digging through everything I'm pretty overwhelmed. I did get the Crutchfield harness so hopefully it's as easy as everyone makes it sound. I've already called tech support with questions so I'm not off to a great start but hopefully everything starts making sense once I actually get going.

I'm replacing the head unit and 6.5's. Adding a powered sub, backup camera, and a front camera. I also have a Tuffy security lid to go with this phase. I envisioned moving the sub around depending on being with/without the rear seat and security lid. I didn't realize I needed a short ground so a mobile sub may not be in the picture. I think I'm about to commit to 2 seater..

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Everything is plugged in and working! Stuffed the head unit in to test fit and was tempted to leave it as is but I'm going to pull it back out and wrap all the wires with some of that fuzzy tape.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Aside from closing the tailgate on the rear camera cable everything went pretty well. Had to use the cable for the front camera I so no front camera at the moment. May or may not try to add one in later. I still need to replace the 6.5" speakers and clean up the wiring in a few places. Cant believe how much difference the head unit made with the stock speakers. The Rockford Fosgate P300 12 is a perfect fit and sounds great.

The Tuffy deck is pretty solid and was a very easy very quick install. Nice change of pace after messing with the stero.

I'm very happy with how all this turned out.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Added hydro-turff mat on top of the Tuffy lid and under the sub for a little cushion. Cleaned up the rest of the sub wiring. Picked up some Nemesis Billy Rockers. Got to check out the production facility and saw the line of bumpers and flares they offer in person. Very cool products and outstanding customer service! Debating powder coat color. Either going to be flat black or smoke bronze to match the wheels. Not sure..

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Very happy with how the color turned out. Slightly darker than the wheels but almost identical depending on the angle. Install wasn't bad on the passenger side but the hit I took on the driver side caused some trouble getting all the bolts to line up. 20 bolts on each side.. Took 3 ratchet straps, a dead blow, and some persuasive language. They pass the aesthetic test with flying colors. Performance test next weekend! Windows fit perfect on top of the Tuffy.
20200530_135909.jpg
20200530_135855.jpg
20200530_095158.jpg
20200530_173611.jpg

Attachments

61 - 69 of 69 Posts