Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the deal, I have a 2013 JKUR 10A that is mostly stock. Right now I have a CB, Banks intake, and an Antenna-X rubber shorty and my wife said I can spend $10K on the Jeep (I love my wife :thumb:). We go riding with the local club about twice a month minimum and the trails are serious (I'm usually the one being wenches).

I will also say that this is not all I will be able to drop on the Jeep, but it is all for right now.

So as the title says... What would you do if this were your JK and you had 10K to drop on it???

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
That is easy...
I would buy the same stuff I bought for my Sahara (Tuffy underseat lockbox, Tuffy truck enclosure, Hotheads, wheel locks, hood locks, speakers, ect)...

Then I'd take the rest and buy a TJ.
The 10A would stay clean and pristine as a DD. The TJ would get the snot beat out of it.....and TJ parts are cheaper.

·
Registered
723 Posts
LOL! Why buy a Rubicon if you're not going to use it panthermark? Anyway, I would buy a lift, bigger tires, rims (if you don't like the Rubi rims), winch, recovery gear/straps, onboard air system, rock sliders, skid plates, exhaust system, maybe a set of flat fenders. That should get you started pretty good.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
I'd pay it off so I ddidn't feel bad beating up a Jeep with payments. Then you'll have lots of money for mods and can keep building.

Yep me = killjoy :rolleyes:

·
Registered
440 Posts
THIS^^^^^
Pay it off, enjoy the ride stock and move slowly on the mods
Personal choice was stereo, sliders, stubby, wheels...next will be tires-lift and suspension upgrades..then bigger tires more lift...its a cycle do a little then do a little more.
Otherwise just order up an AEV Hemi with pro-rock 60's and call it done

·
Registered
344 Posts
I just don't get why people buy rubicons just to upgrade them??? Seems like a waste of money! Especially the 10a... I like the way stock rubicons look anyhow, too much beef looks like sheet!

If I were you, with a 10a and 10k, I would put a RIPP supercharger on that pentastar, sleeve and gusset the Dana 44's, and a snorkel. Plain and simple!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Don't put it towards the payments... If you do then you'll have less time with your mods once you actually do get them. Have fun now.

So if I had $10K id immediately get the Metal Cloak game changer lift and of course wheels and tires.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Prorock44, lift, rcv's in the front, chromoly rear shafts, driveshafts front and rear, wheels, tires. That should be a good start. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I'm of the "bank it and fix what you break" crowd, especially since a. you have a very capable rig already and 2. you haven't wheeled enough to 1. hit your rig's limits or b. know the rig's limitations for your use.

Save the money and know you'll have it ready when you discover you want, or need, something.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Take $1k and buy something nice for your wife. The other $9k....Pay that Jeep off!

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Read this forum for 10 minutes you will have a pretty good idea.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't put it towards the payments... If you do then you'll have less time with your mods once you actually do get them. Have fun now.

So if I had $10K id immediately get the Metal Cloak game changer lift and of course wheels and tires.
I am looking into the Game Changer but here is the problem I'm running into... Like the consensus I think lift, wheels, tires, wench, skids, truss and gussets but when I do the math... it doesn't work out...

Game changer $4K (plus a case of Beer for my club friends to help install it..)
37's ~ $2200
Wheels $750-2100 (non beadlock vs. beadlock)
Artec axle truss $250 + $100
River Raider skids $1200
Warn Zeon 10s with mount and hoop $1800 :eek:
Let's not even talk about tube fenders... (the set from MetalCloak will run me $1650)
Tom Woods drive shafts ~$1300
Gears $800
Lets see... All that (the cheapest way) $14050, if I did the beadlocks then I'm looking at $15500

So is there something I can cut? or go with a different lift?
This is the reason I started this thread, there are so many ways to skin this cat that it's extremely difficult to come up with the best solution. I'm sure someone here has done something similar as I'm sure not everyone has an unlimited budget.

With all that said I will likely get another $10K after April to do with as I please on the Jeep.

BTW JEEP = Paid in full

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm of the "bank it and fix what you break" crowd, especially since a. you have a very capable rig already and 2. you haven't wheeled enough to 1. hit your rig's limits or b. know the rig's limitations for your use.

Save the money and know you'll have it ready when you discover you want, or need, something.
Actually I have wheeled my Jeep plenty and yes I have found the limits of it (on several occasions) as evident by the numerous times I have had to be wenched and could not go were others have (obviously a wench is on the ticket). I fully agree with the break it and upgrade mantra but I would like to 1. build in some security 2. be able to go where my friends go 3. not high center or bottom out on ever rock and molehill I come across.

·
Registered
6,034 Posts
How about you divorce your wife and send her my way. $20k allowance to build your rig, now that is an understanding wife!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just don't get why people buy rubicons just to upgrade them??? Seems like a waste of money! Especially the 10a... I like the way stock rubicons look anyhow, too much beef looks like sheet!

If I were you, with a 10a and 10k, I would put a RIPP supercharger on that pentastar, sleeve and gusset the Dana 44's, and a snorkel. Plain and simple!
I love the idea of the RIPP but I think I need some clearance before that... Although it will likely be in the next go round of upgrades.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I am looking into the Game Changer but here is the problem I'm running into... Like the consensus I think lift, wheels, tires, wench, skids, truss and gussets but when I do the math... it doesn't work out...

Game changer $4K (plus a case of Beer for my club friends to help install it..)
37's ~ $2200
Wheels $750-2100 (non beadlock vs. beadlock)
Artec axle truss $250 + $100
River Raider skids $1200
Warn Zeon 10s with mount and hoop $1800 :eek:
Let's not even talk about tube fenders... (the set from MetalCloak will run me $1650)
Tom Woods drive shafts ~$1300
Gears $800
Lets see... All that (the cheapest way) $14050, if I did the beadlocks then I'm looking at $15500

So is there something I can cut? or go with a different lift?
This is the reason I started this thread, there are so many ways to skin this cat that it's extremely difficult to come up with the best solution. I'm sure someone here has done something similar as I'm sure not everyone has an unlimited budget.

With all that said I will likely get another $10K after April to do with as I please on the Jeep.

BTW JEEP = Paid in full
Nice!
And with another $10K....I double down on the TJ recommendation. :D

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Apparently I'm not rich enough for this thread....:whistling:

Since its paid in full, take $2k and buy the wife something nice :flowers: take the other $8k and buy a TJ.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How about you divorce your wife and send her my way. $20k allowance to build your rig, now that is an understanding wife!
I have to save I have a keeper, I do good by here and she does good by me. Anyway we wheel as a family so to her it's an investment in family time.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts