Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Krew Member
20,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at the xenon flat style flares. Wondering if anyone might have these on their jeep with 31x10.50s and can share a picture? I can figure out if I want them 100%. I like the look of them, but not sure if they give the appearance of wings or not haha

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I've got a set of 6" rear flat xenon's on my 99...i'll see if i can find a pic for you (i'm at work so photobucket is blocked)

I dont have them on 31's, though...kinda missed that part lol

I'll post my current setup now and when i get home i can link you with some pics of mine on 32's

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Here you are:

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
what front fenders are those Owen TJ?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Not the best view of the flares but these are the 6" Xenon flats over 33's. I think the Bushwacker flats look more like wings, that's why I went with Xenon. A friend has the 4" flats which I think look a little better but I wanted full tire coverage. I can tell you they are pretty tough, I basically folded one in half up against a rock wall and it sprang back to it's original shape, granted it was a warm day.

ForumRunner_20130729_222545.jpg

ForumRunner_20130729_222603.jpg

·
Registered
4,885 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
NICE, how much of the wheel are covered with no flare?
Ummm...not much lol...i'll snap a pic with my phone right now and attach it in a sec (i'm at work)

I also cut my bumper into a stubby so i've got full approach angle with each tire.

I'll post back in just a few min!

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Here you are :)

Tires are 35x12.5x15's

Attachments

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Thanks... I guess if i go this route I will go with the 3 inch flare version. 'Preciate it!

·
Registered
4,885 Posts

·
Krew Member
20,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks... I guess if i go this route I will go with the 3 inch flare version. 'Preciate it!
Don't forget, e auto grilles on eBay makes the smittybilt version with 3" flares for $279. They are exactly the same and built in the same factory. Just helps with cost. I too have Been looking at those for the front

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Don't forget, e auto grilles on eBay makes the smittybilt version with 3" flares for $279. They are exactly the same and built in the same factory. Just helps with cost. I too have Been looking at those for the front
Oh dang i never thought to look at eauto grills for those. Dang ive been wanting some of the smitty ones. Was looking at them for a winter project. Might have to check into those and save 100 bucks. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I love my smitty ones...install wasnt bad at all either.

The same holds true for these as with other smitty products; the only complaint i have for them is the less than desireable powdercoat. I've yet to re-powdercaot mine but i have painted them once since getting them about a year and a half ago.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts