Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this Jeep for 15 months now, and after reading hundreds of other people's build threads, I thought it'd be fun to finally post my own. I know we all like lots of pics, so I won't skimp on those... here goes:

I ordered a 2014 Flame Red JKUR on June 30, 2013, and took deliverey on August 10, 2013. I didn't get out of the stealership til' after dark, so here's a pic the following morning:

I won't bore you with pics of the small mods: AntennaX, Surprise Straps grab handles in red/black. As far as the free mods (search this site if you're not familiar with these), I drilled the mirrors, cut the factory rock rails in preparation for future 35's, and inside, I did the tweeter mod.

Sept. '13: Next up was a Treetop NX, and some 1" spacers in front to level the stance:

October '13: MOPAR half doors

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
November '13: Made a sub box for some 12" subs I saved from my last vehicle, and fabricated my own cargo cover (it's Monstaliner over plywood, and came out fairly decent IMHO).

I thought the rollbars in back looked kind of puny... the covers kind of hang loose over the bars, so I added a little extra thickness with some foam.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
April '14: Added some custom hood decals, patterned after the Mountain Edition from a few years ago. Also some billet hood latches...

August '14: Brake upgrade in preparation for bigger tires - Hawk pads, drilled/slotted rotors, and SS brake lines (sorry, forgot to take a pic on that day).

September '14: Installed an AEV DualSport XT lift (2.5") with geometry correction brackets, and a matching Bilstein steering stabilizer.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
September 2014, 2 weeks after lift install: tires finally came in! BFG KM2's, 35x12.5R17 on 17x8.5 Fuel Anza's.

September 2014: Maximus-3 tire carrier, relocated 3rd brake light.

October 2014: Put half doors back on...

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Nice jeep! :thumb:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Looking good. Where did you get the Maximus-3 tire carrier ?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks. I checked their site but not alot of info on it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. I checked their site but not alot of info on it.
There is also a Maximus-3 section here on Wrangler Forum... there is more info in there plus a ton of pics. That tire carrier can also be ordered without the accessories for a cheaper price but you have to contact them and ask for it that way. :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
January '15: Mounted a fire extinguisher to the side of the driver's seat. In this pic you can also see new door sill guards, shifter knobs, floormats, and paracord wrapping around the door pulls (to match the Surprise Straps grab handles).

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Absolutely love the jeep if you don't mind me asking did you buy the half doors from the dealer and if so how much did they run you

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Absolutely love the jeep if you don't mind me asking did you buy the half doors from the dealer and if so how much did they run you
Yes, I bought the half doors from the dealer - they were financed along with the Jeep. So I have full doors for the hotter months, and half doors for the rest of the year. They charged me $4K for them (painted to match and assembled also), which sounds like a stupid amount of money, but when I researched the cost of the parts alone, they're expensive no matter where you look. That whole half door episode was a total fiasco which I dont want to re-live again, so instead I just focus on how much I like the look of the Jeep with them on. :D

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Yes, I bought the half doors from the dealer - they were financed along with the Jeep. So I have full doors for the hotter months, and half doors for the rest of the year. They charged me $4K for them (painted to match and assembled also), which sounds like a stupid amount of money, but when I researched the cost of the parts alone, they're expensive no matter where you look. That whole half door episode was a total fiasco which I dont want to re-live again, so instead I just focus on how much I like the look of the Jeep with them on. :D
Man I want a set so bad lol but your right they cost a fortune, I think quadratec sells them for like 1500 for the fronts and same for the rear but that's in pieces with no uppers and unpainted

·
Registered
560 Posts
I see you to the ends of the rear bumper off.
Do you have any pics of what the ends look like, are the corners open now?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts