Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone run these and if so what do you think? I was thinking of putting the whole system on my TJ. I know most do not like the quality of SB products any more. I know the Metal Cloaks are the most highly liked but there whole system painted is $2200 or more.

Now I just lifted my TJ with a MC 3.5" short arm kit with 33x12.5 tires so clearance is not a huge issue.

Fire away the opinions....Thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts
I dont know from experience but I have heard that they are a decent material, but not so great quality... bad welds, etc.

I'm partial to the TNT fenders.. I hear they are made really well but not nearly as pricey as MC.

Edit: Actually depending on which style you're going after (hi line or not) they are almost the same price. But they are full replacement, which includes the portion covering the inside of the tire and under the hood. the XRC's are not. And the TNT's require an aftermarket air intake.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm all ears to any other suggestions that are similar in style and function without the MC cost.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I never really cared for the smittybilt fenders. I decided if I'm going to go away from stock I wanted to do it right and something different. So I went with poison spyder xc negative aluminum with solid aluminum inserts. Rattle canned it semi-gloss black and they look great. Very happy I went for the aluminum too.

My fenders were under 800$ w/ inners and my rear poison spyder fenders were around 350$ I think. Cant speak highly of the company enough, great work

I have the smittybilt bumper and its not a bad bumper but I never really liked their powder coating.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Does anyone run these and if so what do you think? I was thinking of putting the whole system on my TJ. I know most do not like the quality of SB products any more. I know the Metal Cloaks are the most highly liked but there whole system painted is $2200 or more.

Now I just lifted my TJ with a MC 3.5" short arm kit with 33x12.5 tires so clearance is not a huge issue.

Fire away the opinions....Thanks
I installed the SB rear corners, front and rear fenders/flares on mine after doing some trail damage to a front stock fender and not ready to spend the $'s on the MC's. (Eventually I will change them out to the MC's). If I remember correctly, I think I paid $800-$900 for it all.

They aren't great, but they get the job done. Like most other Chinese made products, the workmanship is sub par and hidden with thin powder coating. If you can afford better, get better, but if you can't, they'll do in a pinch. I think most of the Cheap fenders probably come from the same factory....SB, Barricade, etc. they all use the same installation instructions.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I am running SB rear armor and 3 inch flares. I hate the SB front fenders. I think they look like a bag of but. I opted for Poison Spyder tapered Defenders... Love them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts