Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I'm sure this has been discussed on here but I just can't seem to find it. My question is.... if I'm planning on buying Bilsteins then aren't all lifts pretty much the same, give or take the extra pieces some of the higher end ones include. But as far as coils, aren't they all basically the same thing? If I'm wrong then someone please recommend me a couple of lifts to consider. I'm looking at 2.5-3" suspension lift.

·
Registered
823 Posts
The main difference in the coils will be progressive vs. linear. Other than that the only difference if you are looking at kits that don't include shocks is the other parts that are included in the kit. In regard to kits that include shocks, sometimes the included shocks are specifically valved for the lift and coils. Good luck! :thumb:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking at Rock Krawler, TF, Full Traction and RE. I know some include more parts, but as far as quality are an of these better than another?

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
jrmcgill25 said:
I'm looking at Rock Krawler, TF, Full Traction and RE. I know some include more parts, but as far as quality are an of these better than another?
Rock Krawler uses progressive coils in the front and linear in the rear. They provide a great ride. TF uses linear all around but run a little on the stiff side.
KBwolf runs Full traction. Might wanna ask him a few questions.
RE is not all that popular around here.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok good point. The FT can add an adjustable TB for $100. Are adjustable LCA a must or is that something that can wait?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts