Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find out what is in my rear axel in order to make the correct purchase on parts for a lunchbox... Open carrier,or some type of limited already. I called jeep and they told me it was anti spin in rear? And command trac up front? Im still confused as to whats in there. Also are gear ratios always same front and back? I would assume so. 1997 sahara D 44 rear D30 front 3.55 ratio.

·
Registered
102 Posts
konqrrr said:
I am trying to find out what is in my rear axel in order to make the correct purchase on parts for a lunchbox... Open carrier,or some type of limited already. I called jeep and they told me it was anti spin in rear? And command trac up front? Im still confused as to whats in there. Also are gear ratios always same front and back? I would assume so. 1997 sahara D 44 rear D30 front 3.55 ratio.
Yes same ratios front and back. That's all I can answer to this one, I'm sure more will chime in soon.

·
Registered
304 Posts
konqrrr said:
All tj front Dana 30 axles are open. You can put any lunchbox locker you choose in it. They are all basically the same. Now the rear if its anti spin that means you have a limited slip diff. I don't believe they make a lunchbox for it. You will have to switch to an open diff. If you do that you might as well just switch to a full case locker like a Detroit for a few dollars more. You will have to reset backlash either way but its really not to difficult. And all axles have to match gear ratios front and rear to use 4x4 so if you have a 3.55 in the rear that's what's in the front.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah not something i wanna do, just the rear. Front will come later with a swap, selectable and of course the cash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts