Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Just looking for opinions: I bought a 2010 JKU with 9k miles in July. When the warranty expires, I'll still owe 4 years on the loan. Since I'm not disciplined enough to reserve repair money, I'm thinking of an extended warranty. My credit union will let me refi, at 1.9%, now or next July before the warranty expires. The lifetime through Chryslerwarranty.com is $2300 and 7 year is $1800. Both are maximum coverage, $100 deductible, and with a $200 coupon code. I've only driven my Jeep for a couple months, but I'm thinking we'll keep it for a while- though I'd definitely trade it in at five years if I didn't have a warranty. Each of my last three vehicles have needed major repairs in five years.

1. Can the dealer, or anyone else, offer a better or lower priced warranty?
2. Reliability/repair cost history info?
3. I think the only things not covered are brakes, tires, etc.?

I'd appreciate any info and opinions.

S

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
1. You would have to check with the dealer and ask them. Some will offer warranties from other companies, so make sure you ask which company they deal with, and get it in writing what they will cover, so you can compare prices.

2. A Jeep is like any other vehicle, some have problems and some don't. I've got about 35,000 miles on my 2010 and have had only routine maintenance and one recall. Others have had to use the Lemon Law.

3. All extended warranties should have a list of things that are covered and what is not covered. Most, if not all, will not cover items subject to wear and tear, such as brakes and tires. Tires are covered by the maker of the tire and replacements, if needed, are usually prorated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there any difference between Chrysler Extended Warranty and Mopar Vehicle Protection? the price difference is about $1000 for the same length.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
im lookingto buy the lifetime warranty also. from my understanding the dealer makes comission on the sale of extended warrantys. i got the same quote for 2300.they can sell it for less but will they? you would have to talk them down or try another dealer and play one verse the other

·
Premium Member
3,182 Posts
Snoopy75209 said:
Is there any difference between Chrysler Extended Warranty and Mopar Vehicle Protection? the price difference is about $1000 for the same length.
Chrysler service contracts changed their name to Mopar vehicle protection on 10/01/12 and with it came a price increase for warranties.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts