Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so now i have a new problem. On my way home i hear a clunk noice and suddenly the jeep starts vibrating and making a horrid grinding noise. its in gear but sounds like something is in a bad bind. Does this sound like a U joint or something else?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and to add to it, i also noticed that between grinding noises it sounded like a weird hum somewhat like i was running offroad tires which im not. I figured if the ujoint was bad that might just be the driveshaft vibrating.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Sounds like a u-joint

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it was hard to tell. It felt like the vibration was coming from just behind my seat.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i will checking when it stops pouring rain

·
Banned
1,006 Posts
Sounds like you will need to crawl underneath the rig to confirm or eliminate possible causes. Until you do that, IMO, there's too many options to pin point a solution online.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yell tell me bout it. this thing has been nothing but trouble since i bought it in july. What else could make that noise just out of curiousity

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.