Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have an 06 rubicon TJ with a 1.75 BB currently running 265/75/16. My goal is to build a ride that can hang on the trails but remains a pleasure to ride in town. I would like to run 33/1250s and currently think the classic MT rims in black will be my rim of choice. That said I have never lifted a jeep and only know what I have read and been told. I want a kit that will be competent off road and have a preference of bilstein shocks. That said I cannot afford to do everything at once and need to keep the ride drivable while I work on getting it fixed up. I need tires now and want to buy the 33s and rims without adding lift, will this work as long as i keep it on road till the lift becomes an option? Also, If you had this situation and $1400 available to get started how would you go about it? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, any suggestions on a lift? I like the RCD lift I see in Quadratec but have heard almost nothing about it from actual owners. Also considering the Rustys kit as I ride with some boys that love them. Again, your help and input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
671 Posts
33 on stock will not work u will have major rubbings and the tire hitting the fender. from what i have been told u shouldnt do more than 31 with no lift. u need a lift before you can put on 33s.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do have a 1.75 BB and it looks like I will have plenty of room. Also with the added back spacing from a new set of rims, seems like Id be ok for daily driving. Not 100% sure thou.

·
Registered
671 Posts
right stupid me i forgot about the 1.75 BB. rubbing is all you should be worried about then and with a new set of rim you should be fine. ya i think you will be ok as a DD.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do you still have and or like the Zone lift? would you recommend? And if I can ask why a 3inch lift and only 30" tires?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rustys 3 inch advanced kit seems to have everything for $1000. Seems like a good deal, Anyone have it?

·
Registered
671 Posts
do you still have and or like the Zone lift? would you recommend? And if I can ask why a 3inch lift and only 30" tires?
i love my lift its really nice. i have the nitro shocks and its a little rough but i think i may have screwed on the shocks too much. the 30s are from the PO and im waiting for them to get bald which is soon and im looking around to upgrade to 33s now

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks!

·
Registered
445 Posts
If you want a cheaper way to fit 33's you can do a 2.5 lift and 1'' body lift. I've heard great things about the OME 2.5 lift.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you want a cheaper way to fit 33's you can do a 2.5 lift and 1'' body lift. I've heard great things about the OME 2.5 lift.
So have I. I am just leery of doing a BL cause they usually dont look good to me. If anyone has done this or a similar set up, could you post a picture? Thanks again. I think my favorite look is a 2"OME lift with the high line hood and 35/37s. I like the lower center of gravity and think it looks the best just cant afford the hood kit. Wonder if i could do the 2" and get away with 33s till I can save the $. I do go to shoe creek for a camping trip and trail ride several times a year and would hate to miss out due to rubbing issues so trying to keep the ride mildly trail ready.
:confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts