Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
walked passed this "slotted flat" as they call it in the hardware store and instantly though "lightbar" lol. it's basically a flat strip of steel with a bunch of holes. i didn't take a pic of it before, but here's one of it on the jeep after i bent it using a table clamp and my hands. it's thin enough to bend without too much effort, but i think it's thick enough to not bend and break in high winds. i'm hoping anyways.

i'll be trimming down the base on each side so it doesn't poke in toward the middle as much, painting it and re-using the hood bolts. if my masurements are correct, i should still be able to fold the hood all the way back and the washer fluid should clear it. post more pics when i finish.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think so too! paint is drying now. too dark and cold to hook it up tonight though. =/

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Nice find dude! Where did you find those lights at? I looked for some about that size for the bar I made to hold my jack but used the big lights I had lol

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wal-mart. lol 20 bucks a pair. 55w each, but that have the blue high beam bulb. so i think they're be pretty bright with all 4. and if not, it still looks awesome.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
if those are par36 size bulbs, order some GE aircraft landing lights ( like $12/ea) and they are super bright. i have two on my hood ( i just mounted them through the hood hinge mounts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Does your bar shake in the wind or off road? Seems like a good idea, but may needed thicker metal. Curious to see how it worked out.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does your bar shake in the wind or off road? Seems like a good idea, but may needed thicker metal. Curious to see how it worked out.
we'll see. lol i'm hoping it works. got it all ground down and painted. put the wiring harness all together as well. heading over to my friends house (heated garage) and hooking it all up. tons of pics tomorrow. i'll take the freeway home and see if it's holds. lol god, i hope so.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Good luck with your project.

I put those same lights on my son's power wheels for headlights. They are very bright. I honestly was figuring the blue bulb would equal blue light....but it is very white.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
alrighty. i ran out of time and had to go to work, so i couldn't get pics in the day light. also couldn't get wire loom around everything so that'll be tomorrow. but here's some crappy night time pics for now.

i drove on the freeway 75 mph, happy to report there was zero problems. it bounces up and down the slightest bit, but it doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
You need more lights beaver lol looks bada$$!

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol! i think i need two upside down on my bumper, light bar above the windshield, two on the fenders, front and rear. rocks lights all around. and one inside, on my dash, pointing at my face.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts