Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought myself a 2013 sahara unlimited and I am itching to put new shoes on it. I've been reading thru these forums and looking at all sorts of rim and tire websites but I am still pretty lost.

I currently have the polished chrome 18" rims on my sahara. I am interested in the black rhino sidewinder or the black rhino mojave rims. I will probably go with the 17" rim of whatever I end up choosing.

My question is what is the biggest (best looking) tire that will fit these 17" rims without lifting the jeep, adding spacers or steering stops?

I live on Long Island, New York so there is not much off roading to do here, I do however take the jeep on the beach so I would like a wide tire.

Thanks in advance for the feedback and suggestions.

Jeep wave!:wavey:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have a 2013 sahara unlimited and just put on 17x9 Black Rhino Sidewinders and 315/70/17 goodyear duratracs which are 35s so also did 2.5" teraflex budget boost. The black rhino wheels have -12mm offset which = 4.5 backspacing gives you that improved stance. check out the sticky on largest tire size no lift, but the answer is 33" like a 285/70/17. let me try and figure out how to post a pic here

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those look awesome on your jeep. I finally decided on 18 inch black rhino sidewinders with 305/60r18 into terra grappler g2's. Now I just need to save up the money for them, I got quoted $2575 installed.

I see that you're from long island, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get your wheels done or did you do it yourself.

I'm on the east end of long island.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't mind at all. I had them installed at The Custom Shop in Astoria. Can't say enough good things about the owner Brett and the job they did. He also did everything for a very fair price. I will go back to him for all my future upgrades.

If you aren't installing a lift though, you should look into buying the wheels and tires both from discount tire direct or another vendor. then you just need to pay minimal amount to have a garage pop them on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts