Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I have been reading all your posts on the 6-spd. I too have the 3rd gear "rattle" as well as the neutral clutch out "rattle" once in a while and I have the occasional 4th gear pop, grind whatever AND my 2nd gear is horrible!! I have the "clunk" and now a grind! had it at the dealer yesterday and they said its normal and it drives well. Ive taken it in 3 times already twice for the leak and twice for the tranny and they say nothing is out of the ordinary. Guess Ill just wait till the tranny falls out of the bottom of the truck. other then that I freaking LOVE my Jeep LOVE it isnt the word... maybe I should try another dealer and see if they can hear, see can fix my transmission.... anyway off to Houston tomorrow.. Night all and thanks for all the great advice, sorry for the rant!

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
I'm wondering if people compare this tranny to a sports cars.
I mean... I bought my jeep with 35k and have had 0 issues.
With my Tj , if I was "lazy" on the shift or I tried to shift quick. It would pop out of gear. Never happened with my Jk. I can see if someone were to not fully engage the gear -it could possibly pop out ??
I just know you have to shift slow, slight pause in neutral and you feel like two clicks (took me a bit to figure out what everybody meant by this)
Even with the temps -20 still shifts perfect.

Dunno .... Maybe I got lucky :)

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
I'm wondering if people compare this tranny to a sports cars.
I mean... I bought my jeep with 35k and have had 0 issues.
With my Tj , if I was "lazy" on the shift or I tried to shift quick. It would pop out of gear. Never happened with my Jk. I can see if someone were to not fully engage the gear -it could possibly pop out ??
I just know you have to shift slow, slight pause in neutral and you feel like two clicks (took me a bit to figure out what everybody meant by this)
Even with the temps -20 still shifts perfect.

Dunno .... Maybe I got lucky :)
I'm coming from a Liberty with an auto trans, but before that I had a series of trucks and sports cars, all manuals. In fact, think I've only had 2 autos my whole life.

I've had zero issues with the Wrangler's shifting. Clutch took me a day or two to get used to, since it releases so high, but that's it. No clunks. No rattles. No jumping outta gear.

And after reading about all the horrible shifting issues on this and other forums, I was PREPARED for it to be crappy.

Maybe we both got lucky.

Or maybe it's cuz we both tapped into a little black / red awesomeness! :punk:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts