Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading threads about wheels and backspacing and offset and all that good stuff for about two hours and I still haven't found my answer.

I bought a jeep a few months ago and bit was already lifted with aftermarket wheels. I'm not sure what kind they ate but I looked on the back and they are 15x10. The tires are 33x12.50

Now I am wanting to get cragar soft 8's that are 15x8. And I think that the back spacing on those wheels are -4 and the offset is -12? I could be wrong.

I am buying the wheels tomorrow but my dad said that he was talking to a guy from 4wheelonline.com and that guy said that the back spacing depends on the type of lift.

Has anyone heard of this being true?
And will those wheels be fine with that size tire?

·
Registered
664 Posts
I probably wont be of ANY help - I have a 98 Sahara (looks just like yours) that had 15x8 stock rims - someone stole them and some knucklehead who owned a "shop" replaced them with stock sahara rims from a slightly newer model with 33 inch tires. I can no longer make U turns without "grinding"/rubbing. Even the turns in a parking lots is difficult. I took it into another shop and they said its not the 33 inches but i need a 4 inch backspace rim.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sonoma_Girl said:
I probably wont be of ANY help - I have a 98 Sahara (looks just like yours) that had 15x8 stock rims - someone stole them and some knucklehead who owned a "shop" replaced them with stock sahara rims from a slightly newer model with 33 inch tires. I can no longer make U turns without "grinding"/rubbing. Even the turns in a parking lots is difficult. I took it into another shop and they said its not the 33 inches but i need a 4 inch backspace rim.
Oh. Ok. That actually does help. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts