Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw that Steersmarts came out with new sway bar end links. I have a 3.5” AEV dual sport suspension, running 35” BFG’s, steersmarts trackbar, tie rod and draglink with Stock sway bar end links. Would there be ANY advantage to spending $165 to get the yeti end links? Reviews say it helps significantly with body roll and bump steer. I don’t have either issue but if the yeti end links offer an advantage with a better ride quality, i would be willing to get them. Thoughts??

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
I saw that Steersmarts came out with new sway bar end links. I have a 3.5” AEV dual sport suspension, running 35” BFG’s, steersmarts trackbar, tie rod and draglink with Stock sway bar end links. Would there be ANY advantage to spending $165 to get the yeti end links? Reviews say it helps significantly with body roll and bump steer. I don’t have either issue but if the yeti end links offer an advantage with a better ride quality, i would be willing to get them. Thoughts??

I would Steer clear based on my experience with the company. However, if you like the products and want to roll the dice, let us know about your experience.

Reactions: TRBOKEV

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Get some good end links like JKS or Synergy. I personally run JKS at both ends and they have been great. I bought some beef Synergy rears, but have not had a reason to replace the JKS units.

I will not buy another steer smarts item and will not recommended them to anyone that actually wheels their jeep.

·
Super Moderator
5,308 Posts
I would like to stay out of the debate about SteerSmart as a company (but will likely fail), while we run their smaller steering attenuator we don't run any of their other stuff and won't after my brothers experience with them.
That said, their claims about their sway bar links are crazy. They do look cool, and I expect that they work fine aside from not being made and sold as quick disconnects. I would hope you could use them with other brands quick disconnect hardware to make them more useful. But to say that their links will cause major improvements in how your Jeep handles is bizarre, bordering on misleading. That is not how it works. They are starting to remind me of Amsoil, a company with good product but also full of misleading information.
If you run SteerSmart stuff and are happy, great. I think they do make some decent stuff. But over time I am seeing that so do others, and some other companies do a better job of standing behind their product. But these claims for their links are over the top. The cherry on the sundae.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I honestly can't see a driving improvement from different end links if you are going fixed to fixed. I highly doubt that any of them are flexing so much as to cause a difference by going to the structure of the SS ones. I too saw the email or whatever it was and pondered them for about 5 seconds, then went "nah".

I have always had great luck with JKS discos -- if you want to spend some cash and do an endlink upgrade. Plus you can then fully disconnect easily.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I second what everyone else is telling you.
If you're willing to spend what Steersmarts is gong to charge you for end links, you should be looking at JKS Quicker Discos or an equivalent

·
Super Moderator
2,847 Posts
When I see these Sway bar end links the only application I can see them being useful for is mall parking lots in Florida. Change My Mind!

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
You will notice a decrease in body roll and an overall improvement in handling and drivability when adding this kit to your Jeep

Total hogwash

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
It's unfortunate...

Sometimes companies have early success and get to the point where they think they are smarter and more important than the patrons that made them who they are.. they start to take the position they were put in for granted.

It usually is the first signs of going out of business and/or instability. They sometimes will purchase other companies or go to great lengths to support growth and/or to remain in the spot light for as long as they can, but ultimately will result in major failure.

Which company are we talking about again?

·
Super Moderator
15,121 Posts
Propaganda....

·
Registered
166 Posts
I put some on and I can say it’s make quite a bit of difference, however I’m also running Currie antirock that had heim joint connections. I can’t figure going from stock to these would make much difference........but I’m happy

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Well there's one opinion from someone that actually has experience with them instead of an overinflated opinion based on nothing.....
Did you read his post?

He went from the heim joint ends on the Anti rock to the Steersmarts joints.

Heim's do tend to act differently than stock links.

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
I would Steer clear based on my experience with the company. However, if you like the products and want to roll the dice, let us know about your experience.
I've had excellent customer service from SteerSmarts for as long I've had them installed which this is my second setup. I currently run all of their products except these end links. I've never had any issues with their products and they even walked me through a couple of issues I was having during install. All those issues were my fault, but they took the time to help me out. I have no idea if these make a difference or not, but I know a few people that have said they do. If I end up ordering them I will definitely give a review.

·
Registered
645 Posts
So the verdict? Its been 10 months. So what does everyone who runs these thing of them?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
So the verdict? Its been 10 months. So what does everyone who runs these thing of them?
I'm now running them on my anti rock like rotorwash...way better than the heim links that come with the bar...read tons of reviews about anti rock guys running them and it's all true...

·
Registered
157 Posts
I do not understand this universal negativity about SteerSmarts. I’ve replaced all steering components, including the track bar with SteerSmarts components. My 2014 JK-U has gone from a clunky, wobbly, wandering mess to a quiet, firm, precise steering - dare I say like a high-end European feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
There is a whiner in every bunch....the main whiner in this case doesn't even work on his own Jeep...some of the other guys have a problem with their advertising....and I can maybe see where they're coming from however bashing the product without running it is just fodder...all the Currie guys including myself who have the links love them....and I still run steer smarts track bar and drag link...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts