Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one fail?

I think I do. I kinda know I do...

With Jeep running, the attenuator moves a couple inches before the other end of the draglink moves. I learned about it because I had to turn the steering wheel almost a half turn to go around a curve and the ESC kicked in. Never did that before. Only have about 4500 miles on the Yeti.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wow! This is a loaded question.

Do you (a) have a lift kit and (b) what other steering upgrades have you done?

Which specific Yeti drag link did you buy?

As a wild guess I'd say the bolts/clamps fixing the attenuator to the threaded ends of the drag link might be loose/damaged.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yup... mine failed yesterday :(

I put mine on this past March.

I was driving in town when all of a sudden turning right required turning the steering wheel 1/3 of a turn before the tires would respond. Traction control kicked on and the engine would cut (retard the timing) I'm sure the stability control was freaked out. I'm glad I wasn't tooling down the freeway at 70. :eek:

Fortunately I still have my stock drag link that I'll put back on today until I get this resolved. I'm going to contact them Monday morning to see what is up.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Yup... mine failed yesterday :(

I put mine on this past March.

I was driving in town when all of a sudden turning right required turning the steering wheel 1/3 of a turn before the tires would respond. Traction control kicked on and the engine would cut (retard the timing) I'm sure the stability control was freaked out. I'm glad I wasn't tooling down the freeway at 70. :eek:

Fortunately I still have my stock drag link that I'll put back on today until I get this resolved. I'm going to contact them Monday morning to see what is up.
I guess thats a good reason to keep my stock drag link.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I had it happen. I called them, they gave me a choice of a replacemement or a new drag link without the attenuator. I chose to keep the attenuator, and have not had a problem with the replacement. Mine failed while running a level 8 trail in Moab, so it could have been due to the intense circumstance. I was fortunate that I had trailered my jeep, for just such situations,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts