Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 1990 yj 2.5 4 cyl from my neighbor, Its been setting in the barn for years only driven about 3000 miles in the last 10 years. about a year ago she took it out of the barn and had it detailed and put it back in the barn and has not started it since, I put a new battery on it and it will not start so I started it and ran it on starting fluid but it wont run by its self, I know it has gas because I put 3 gallons in it. If anyone can give me some pointers please help! Thanks

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
my fuel pump sat for almost 6yrs. I pulled it to check the tank and was sorry I did. Everything was clean as a whistle. I put it all back together and it's still running now after 2yrs of daily driving.

First I would check if the fuel pump is coming on. When you turn the key there should be an audible hum for 1-2seconds. If you don't hear this check the fuse. If you do hear the hum You need to find out how far the fuel is flowing. Pull the line off the fuel filter(driver side inner frame rail on arch.) and see what ya got. If there is fuel there pull the throttle body apart and check if the injector is getting fuel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is no noise at all when I turn the key on. This YJ has the fuse box inside under the dash and 3 relays by the battery. could it be a fuse or relay?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts