Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am currently trying to put back on the road a tired 92 YJ. It's been a lot of fun working on it so far - body and frame.
Me and my 5 ½ year old son watched the Car too Far show and decided that we need a Jeep BAD! I always wanted one anyway J. Moving on to two weeks after the purchase, my DD 96 Chevy Tahoe lost its front brakes, I need to drive the YJ for a week or so. So now I get to hear all the new (to me) noises coming out of the motor and wonder about things like oil pressure, consumption... etc. Well, checking oil level should be a no brainer… except that the oil deep stick is obviously of a wrong kind – it’s miles long and seem to be out of some tractor trailer motor. :doh:I can feel it scraping an oil pan! So while I can’t hit the local junk yards until the weekend, I was wondering if anyone can get me dimensions of the 4.0L deepstick and the low and Full levels on it so that I can modify the existing stick. Thanks!:thumb:

·
Registered
24 Posts
From the top of the tube (not including handle), overall length 21.25 inches. Add line is at 19.75 inches and full line is at 19.25.

Maybe a centimeter or two off, mine's a tad curved, did my best to measure straight.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Tangalor! I knew that I can count on the people here. Now on to figuring out the ticking noise, oil levels and oil pressure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts