Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I have pulled apart my 1988 jeep wrangler a few times and now I im doing the dreaded vacuum lines.

So the 4x4 Vacuum lines are all hooked up but this red vacuum line coming from the transfer case. Some diagrams show it going into a vacuum tank that i have no clue what it looks like or if i even have it. Also some diagrams show it going to Manifold Vacuum, and if it does go to manifold Vacuum then what port on the Manifold should it go to.

If someone could help me with this i would appreciate it. Thank you

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
It goes to the carb on a stock set up as a constant vacuum source. However, you might want to consider a posi-lock. I decided to get a new vac. harness from Morris 4X4 since everytime I touched a vac. line it disintegrated. The "new" harness is simple plug and play. You have a few options with this. Some permanately lock it over which is very inexpensive, then there's a posi lock or you can keep it stock with a new harness. It depends on what you want and what you want to spend.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts