Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 4.0 5spd and it barely works. I've replaced the tps sensor, map sensor,02 sensor, iac motor, changed the fuel filter, cleaned the air filter, checked the vac lines, changed the oil, sea foamed it, 3 months ago took out the cat converter when Installing the new exhaust manifold with gasket, new down pipe, new glasspack muffler and tail pipe and it worked freaken great up untill last week, and today I replaced all of those sensors and it still runs rough, idles hard, can barely drive it, it acts like its getting no fuel. Driving me freaken crazy someone please help. I ordered new cps today and if that's not it I'm going to change the temp sensor too. Yes its lifted 7.5 inches with 35s but it was running great with with all that good stuff. Any suggestions. 6 months ago I also replaced the caps rotor wires and plugs. PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Take to any garage just had mine done on my F150 cost me $47 for the test but now it's gonna run me about $2000 cause cylinder #4 is blown...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a problem similar to this a couple weeks ago. Tried a lot of different things before I found out it was my Distributor cap. Mine would cut out like a clogged fuel filter, then it started spitting and sputtering and backfiring. The center post on the distributor was corroded and finally broke away. Fixed it and now it runs great. Definitely check into that. If everything looks fine around the posts on the cap make sure that you cant turn it. A loose distributor will cause the timing to be off, and depending on how loose it is it can be anything from a minor cut out to not really running at all. Mine was a progressive problem, started out a small cut out and ended up not running at all

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I probably do, the engine is 19 years old with 179k on it, I understand it loses hp over the years but I should be able to atleast drive it without the engine bucking and stalling.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts