Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Kalashnikitty
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my sewing machine fixed and I'm ready for a challenge. Skeeter needs a bikini top and would like a fastback. I can make one for him, even have the fabric for it.
Does anyone have a fastback for their YJ? Do ya have pics of it spred out flat so I can see how it goes together?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

·
Registered
3,917 Posts

·
Kalashnikitty
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks anyway, RBD. :)

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
I would think that for a bikini, you could just measure the dimensions of the roll bar and maybe make a pattern out of a sheet or other inexpensive cloth to mark where the straps would need to be sewn in and proper length, ect.

·
Kalashnikitty
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, D2BS. Yup, that's what I'm doing. I was mostly wondering about the fastback, but I can use the "drape a sheet" method for that too, I suppose. I just want to make sure it's not going to flap too much or come loose while Skeeter is driving down the highway.

·
6,177 Posts
I am assuming that what you are describing is a "safari" type bikini for the old style roll bars...
Just be sure you sew in like three straps per side on the "fastback" part of the roll bars. It probably wouldn't hurt to leave a little space at the bottom of the back to let some air escape so it doesn't balloon too much.

·
Kalashnikitty
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good ideas, thanks!
I'm not sure what you mean by "safari" type bikini. He's wanting something like this.

·
6,177 Posts
I was thinking you meant like this, only following the angled rollbars...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts