Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am in the middle of refreshing my '95 YJ (4 cylinder). During this process, I have had to destroy SO many bolts, and it has been maddening. Is there a list somewhere online of all of the sizes and specs of the bolts on a YJ?

·
Super Moderator
12,662 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Iplayahugebass,

I don't know of any such chart or list. One thing to do is to look for a post by Got it at last or IRQ. In each of their signatures they have a link to several Factory Service Manuals and a couple Factory Parts Manuals. The FPMs will have an exploded view of most of the YJ systems. The bolts will have a part number rather than a description. You may be able to get a description of the bolt from a Jeep parts clerk based on the part number.

I know of no easy way to do what you want to do. Probably the most productive thing to do is take whatever damaged bolts you have to your local hardware store or Fastenal store and match the damaged bolts to new bolts.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Los Angeles
1,721 Posts
I recall someone trying to start a spreadsheet like that and asked for contributors and he didn't get too far.
Looking at only what he had gave me anxieties.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,908 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Iplayahugebass,

I don't know of any such chart or list. One thing to do is to look for a post by Got it at last or IRQ. In each of their signatures they have a link to several Factory Service Manuals and a couple Factory Parts Manuals. The FPMs will have an exploded view of most of the YJ systems. The bolts will have a part number rather than a description. You may be able to get a description of the bolt from a Jeep parts clerk based on the part number.

I know of no easy way to do what you want to do. Probably the most productive thing to do is take whatever damaged bolts you have to your local hardware store or Fastenal store and match the damaged bolts to new bolts.

Good Luck, L.M.
I had the part number from the parts catalog. the jeep dealer was able to identify the bolt from that. Whether they would give you the info or not I guess would be up to the dealer. Then if you needed several you could buy one at dealer price and pick up the rest from your local Ace hardware or big box outlet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts