Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is Christmas and my LED dash lights have been bothering the hell out of me for months now but I've been away at school, unable to fix the issue.

The problem is that after I swapped out my incandescent instrument cluster bulbs for LEDs, the LEDs flicker randomly and uncontrollably. The problem only persists AFTER I start the engine and after I turn it off. Before that, the lights work fine.

At first I was thinking it would come down to poor connection to the LEDs themselves but all of the pins where the bulbs are inserted seem to be perfectly fine. After that I assumed that the ground must be corroded or loose. I've read up on a bunch of posts about a ground underneath the dash but I can't seem to find it. I've also never seen a problem like this before, maybe I've missed it in the search but I figured if I want answers pertaining directly to my case, I may as well type up a post of my own.

Let me know if you have any information to help, thanks!!

Keep on Jeepin on!

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have the same problem in my '91 but not in my '93...very strange although I think I would have posted in the tech or general forum.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same problem in my '91 but not in my '93...very strange although I think I would have posted in the tech or general forum.
Sorry, I don't really post too much on the forum. That would've been a better location, I'm sure. Seems as if some people have the problem and some people don't. That's another reason I assumed it was a grounding issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts